From per person
Delphi, today a Unesco World Heritage Site, had a lofty status in the ancient world being home to the temple of Apollo and the shrine of his oracles. For almost 1000 years, rulers, emperors, and common people flocked to the site to seek the advice of the priestess of the god and her power was such that Delphi became the nucleus of the world.
Experience Delphi at your own pace with an e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of Delphi.
Put on your headphones and explore the Roman Agora, the treasury of the Athenians, and the temple of Apollo through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to enjoy your visit into the archaeolgical site and museum of Delphi and discover the truth behind the world-renowned mythological story.
Once you have parked your car, seek for the stairs that will lead you either to the museum entrance or to the path that ends up in front of the archaeological site. In both cases, make sure you head in the right direction walking along the little path until you see the entrance of the archaeological site. Scan your tickets, pass the turnstiles, and find some shade to listen to the stories of the first point of interest. Tip: Every point of interest on this wonderful route is equipped with Braille signage placed on easy to find spots.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket for the Archaeological site and museum of Delphi
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the archaeological site of Delphi.
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by car. The site is located between the villages of Arachova and Delphi.
Recommended visiting hours
1/9-15/9 8.00-19.30 (Last admission 19.10)
16/9-30/9 8.00-19.00 (Last admission 18.40)
1/10-15/10 8.00-18.30 (Last admission 18.10)
16/10-31/10 8.00-18.00 (Last admission 17.40)
Wednesday- Monday 8.00-20.00 (Last admission 19.40)
Tuesday 10.00-17.00 (Last admission 16.40)
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone and an entry ticket for the archaeological site and Museum of Delphi.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- Participants under 18 years old, as well as visitors with disabilities accompanied by one family member / a helper (belonging to the health and social assistance service), are eligible for free admission. Reduced tickets are also available for EU citizens 18-25 years old.
- Please note that reduced/ free entry tickets are not provided by this supplier.
- The museum has wheelchair access, however the ruins themselves are spread up the side of a mountain and whilst it would be possible to push a wheelchair up the rough tracks I think it would be very difficult and whoever was handling the chair would have to be very fit.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Tickets are accepted in either printed or digital format on your phone. Your ticket will be purchased under the name of our company’s legal representative, hence the different name on it. This will cause no issue.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Kindly note that travelers need to arrive 30 minutes in advance to go through the security check-in. Late arrivals won’t be accommodated
- Please consider that large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage are not allowed in the site
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!