Enjoy at your own pace the dazzling Acropolis Museum with a self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Travel back in time to experience the glory of Classical Athens with a brilliantly tied narrative. As you enter the museum, you’ll admire the impressive glass floor showcasing ruins of an ancient settlement buried below. Gear yourself up for all the exciting exhibits that will follow! In the first gallery, you’ll get an insider’s view of everyday life in ancient Athens. You’ll discover bygone wedding customs and ancient surgery practices as you gradually ascend to the next floor. There, the exhibits will guide you through the riveting journey of the city’s transition to democracy. Monsters, heroes, gods and iconic representations of the human body, will guide you through the evolution of ancient art.
The highlight of your visit will be the third floor, where you’ll marvel at the sculptural decoration of the Parthenon. Listen to the engrossing myths that you’ll see depicted on the metopes and pediments of the temple, such as the birth of goddess Athena and the battle of the Centaurs. Finally, your tour ends with the culminating age of Greek style, the classical period, and some of the most famed artworks of Ancient Athens, including the iconic Caryatids. These curvaceous maidens have witnessed the turbulent 2.500-year story of the Acropolis and are waiting to share it with you!
Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app
Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee/ ticket for the Acropolis Museum
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that admission fee for the Acropolis Museum is not included
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email from Clio Muse Tours, with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please note that for the audio tour you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
Know before you go
- Check the email that you’ve received from Clio Muse Tours, and follow the instructions in order to access your tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please consider that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in public areas. So kindly, download the tour on your smartphone, prior to your visit, to access them offline and avoid roaming charges
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Prior to your visit, make sure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring on a pair of earphones/headphones
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.
By clicking "Add to cart", you are purchasing this tour in English. This tour is also available in the following languages: Ελληνικά.