Last updated: June 6, 2022
Clio Muse PC (“Clio Muse”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://cliomusetours.com website (all subdomains included) and the Clio Muse mobile application (the “Service”) and is the data controller. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service. The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What data are we processing and for what purposes?
Your personal data that we process are as follows:
- Your personal and contact information, including name, phone number, postal and email addresses.
- Billing or payment information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code and billing address).
- User name and password.
- Geolocation information (We do not store or process your current location but only the country of origin that you insert when buying a tour).
- Passport or ID number, if the registration of the passport or ID number is necessary for the completion of the online process of issuing the ticket on customer’s behalf.
- Photos, reviews, forum and social posts, and videos you may have provided to us.
- Device information, such as when you accessed our Services and information about the Device used (for example, IP address, software or internet browser used, preferred languages, unique Device identifiers and advertising identifiers).
- Online activity, including pages you have visited, content reviewed, and apps reviewed.
- Purchasing history.
- Information about your travel plans and preferences.
- Data relating to the usage of the Service, such as your redeemed promo codes, the stories and tours that you have accessed and read.
- Record and archive telephone conversations and electronic or other communications during queries and complaints, providing technical support, upon notification at the beginning of the telephone conversation.
The most evident way we gather personal data is when you use our services, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, set up an account, and communicate with our customer service or when you leave a comment, review or other information on our website or mobile applications. In addition, you may be asked to grant access to your current location when using the website or mobile applications, which is done to identify and help you discover cultural experiences and attractions in your area. Finally, in case you have purchased a tour via a third party tour operator (such as e.g. Tripadvisor etc.), we may also receive your personal data from them. So in this case we will, in addition to the above mentioned data, also store and process your Booking reference no., Booking date, Travel date, the Online booking platform that you have used, the Tour (product) booked, the Promo code used, the type of your device, your Language, City and Country of origin, whether you are and Adult or not, if your promo code has been redeemed or not and when this happened and your User id.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Log Data may also include information about your device, such as UUID (Universally unique identifier) and UDID (Unique Device Identifier), as well as the device’s brand and model.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Log Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
We may use and store information about your location, if you give us permission to do so. We use this information to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at anytime, through your mobile device settings.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Place of data storage
Your personal data may be stored either on Clio Muse servers or on cloud computing servers that may be located in EU member states or outside EU. These services will only comprise storing your data, while Clio Muse will remain the controller. Clio Muse states that it will select cloud computing providers, who will guarantee the compliance, when providing their services, with the relevant EU legislation for protection of data.
The legal basis and purposes of processing your data are as follows:
(a) Processes necessary to perform the contractual relationship between us and the provision of the Clio Muse services:
(b) Processes necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests we seek:
Processing purposes: Improving our services and developing new ones. Verification of customer authentication, correct use of the system, provision of evidence of traded transactions through the processing of recorded oral or written (electronic and / or printed) communication. In addition, your mobile phone number and / or email will be used to inform you immediately if any illegal or unauthorized operation of the system occurs.
(c) Your consent:
Processing purposes: We may use data such as your location information and device model upon your consent, in order to gather information that will help us improve the Service. We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send. You may withdraw your consent at any time, however this will not have a retroactive effect, meaning that it will not affect the lawfulness processing of your data that took place before such withdrawal.
Clio Muse’s personnel processing your data is authorized and responsible for this. Third-party recipients of your data may be Clio Muse’s third party outsourcers who provide Service -related services (e.g. customer service, telephone support, payment processors etc.). In this case, Clio Muse guarantees that its partners are under the control and act only on its behalf, have been specifically authorized to do so, and are fully bound by the confidentiality and applicable data protection legislation.
Clio Muse guarantees that your data will not be disclosed to any third party, except in cases where our company is required to disclose information to the competent administrative and judicial authorities, to the extent that this is required by applicable law or by a court order and / or administrative act.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal data for the shortest time possible and for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under the law, you have a number of rights that you can exercise free of charge. We have included a summary of these below; if you would like to discuss or exercise any of these, please contact us through the details provided.
- Right to correct personal data: If you believe any of the personal data we hold about you is incorrect, you can request we update it.
- Right to access personal data: You have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you, and how it has been processed.
- Right to data portability: In some circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal information about you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party.
- Right to object to use of personal data: Where we are processing your data for the purposes of direct marketing, or any legitimate interests that Clio Muse is reliant upon, you can object at any time to this processing.
- Right to restrict use of your data: In some circumstances, you can request that we temporarily suspend the processing of your data.
You may contact us in order to exercise any of your rights and for any reason whatsoever at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to lodge a complaint
If you have a complaint, you can contact us on the details provided. We’ll do our best to help but if you’re still unhappy, you can contact the Greek Data Protection Authority (DPA), which is the Greek data protection regulator – their details are:
- URL: www.dpa.gr
- Address: 1-3 Kifissias Ave., P.C. 115 23, Athens, Greece
- Phone: +30 210 6475600
- Fax: +30 210 6475628
- Email: email@example.com
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.