Enjoy an exciting walk in Crete’s most famous attraction, the Palace of Knossos, with a compelling self-guided audio tour on your smartphone, and a detailed map of the site.
Set out to experience the grand capital of Minoan Crete, located 5 km south of Iraklion. The evocative setting and the impressive ruins of the palace, courtyards, private apartments, baths, storehouses, as well as the brightly-colored frescoes, come alive through an engaging narrative that sheds light upon various elements of Minoan culture.
The cupbearers and procession frescoes at the South Propylaeum depicting scenes from the everyday life and the ceremonial activities in Minoan Crete are a great insight into the aesthetic ideals of the time. Follow the evolution of Minoan fashion, learn about the popular hairstyles of the people and discover the beauty products that they used to touch up their look. At the West Magazines, where the storage facilities of the palace are located, you will gain an understanding of the well-organized bureaucracy that supported the palace organization, the earliest forms of linear writing, as well as the Minoan economy and trade networks. Discover the copy of the “Prince of the Lilies” at the South Entrance Corridor and gaze out on Mount Juktas, perfectly framed by the eroded walls of the palace. Picture what rural life must have been like in Minoan Crete as you learn about the agriculture of the early Cretans, travel, and transportation of the time and the ritual significance of the mountains in their religion.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience what life in Minoan Crete must have been like following in Yishharu’s steps, the son of an aristocratic family who grew up in the peaceful years of Minoan naval power!
Cultural Mapping is an ATHINA Educational Network initiative (www.athinaedunet.org). Minoan Routes integrate myth, history, and tradition to highlight aspects of life in prominent focal points of Minoan Crete.
Self-guided audio tour in English for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
Secure promo code to access the tour
Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee to the Palace of Knossos
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that this is an audio tour for the archaeological site of the Knossos. Admission fees are not included in the price
- After booking, you will receive an email from Clio Muse with your instructions on how to access your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please note that for the audio tour you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
Know before you go
- Please note that admission fees are not included in the price. Proceed to the Knossos Palace’s ticket office to purchase your entry ticket
- Download the mobile application, prior to your visit, then select the audio tour “Minos’ Children: Daily Life in Knossos” and download it on your smartphone to go offline and avoid roaming charges
- The audio tour can be used anytime, online or offline
- Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear sturdy shoes
Skip The Line Tickets Combos
Colosseum: Skip The Line e-Ticket and Audio Tour on Your Smartphone26,50€ 4 hours
Skip The Line Tickets Combos