Do you want to work for an awarded startup bridging culture and tourism with over 300 self-guided audio tours in 11 countries? At Clio Muse Tours you will meet a team of amazing professionals who managed to grow 10 times in 1 year and serve 50K travelers, while getting 5-star reviews on GetYourGuide, TripAdvisor, Expedia, etc.
Located in our office near Monastiraki, Athens, we are looking for an enthusiastic Operations Manager, with a passion for standardization and entrepreneurship, to organize and maintain the smooth daily operation of Clio Muse Tours. The Operations Manager will be responsible for all daily procedures regarding the running of Clio Muse Tours, to this end, you need to have excellent organization and communication skills along with the ability to be precise and meticulous. A very good level of writing skills in English is a prerequisite since this is the official working language of most of our partners. You must be proficient in GSuite (Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides) where most of our files are stored. Good knowledge of basic accounting operations or previous experience in similar positions is definitely a plus.
Our growing up means there’s room for you to grow with us by being flexible and resourceful, taking initiatives, suggesting solutions and working independently. You will need to manage your time effectively and keep your work-life balance as well. To do that, you will need to adopt our agile methodologies and office rituals.
Why apply for this job
- You enjoy the flexibility of a growing company, where you can have high-impact
- You are intrigued by the challenge of facilitating our growth and scaling up
- You love organizing and optimizing procedures that will improve our day-to-day operations
- You’re looking for a solid career path with us. We need motivated people that will turn our start-up into a global success.
As the Operations Manager, you will report directly to our Chief Operations Officer and work in the 3 main areas below:
- Manage the smooth daily operation of Clio Muse Tours
- Facilitate our team with paperwork regarding banks, leaves, expenses, travels, etc.
- Optimize operations using appropriate existing software tools (GSuite, HubSpot, Jira, Moosend, webmail/email clients, calendars etc.)
- Organize and maintain our records and office documents up-to-date
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Manage and order office supplies
- Make payments
- Keep records of invoices and contracts
- Process and report on office expenses
- Fill in our monthly financial report for our investors
- Collaborate closely with our accounting office and lawyers when needed
- Monitor the progress of projects and assist in their successful payouts
- Research for data and collect metrics to draft reports, proposals, research documents, manuals, startup lists when necessary
- Provide numbers, KPIs and ideas/conclusions to the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer when needed
- Be the initial contact point for our company, partners, clients, etc.
- Manage and route phone calls and emails appropriately
- Coordinate communication with customers, partners, suppliers, providers etc
3 years+ experience in a relevant role or in an accounting office is a definite plus, so that you’ll have the grip of the greek public sector and its way of working
The position is located at Clio Muse Tours’ office in Athens. You may be asked to represent Clio Muse Tours in events such as conferences, fairs and exhibitions, expositions and shows. In our company, everybody has a 1-day home office no-questions-asked which has recently expanded due to COVID-19 regulations. However, the Operations Manager needs to make sure there are no loose strings while working from home.
Clio Muse Tours is an award-winning tour-guide app and platform that offers self-guided audio tours and virtual tour experiences for museums, temporary exhibitions and city walks in 11 countries including Greece, Italy, Turkey, Spain, the Netherlands and Germany. From history and mythology to gastronomy and architecture, our themed audio tours cover a wide range of topics unraveling historical facts and unknown stories.
Since 2014, when Clio Muse Tours was founded, we have collaborated with numerous world-class cultural institutions in Greece and abroad creating and curating over 300 audio tours. Both our audio and virtual tours are created or curated by in-house content writers and selected authors, tour guides and experts of the tourism sector. All of our products are available on the largest marketplaces and on leading online travel agencies including Tripadvisor, GetYourGuide and Booking.com
If you are interested in this job opening, please send us at [email protected] your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you would like to join the Clio Muse Tours team and how your skills and competencies are a perfect fit for this job opening. Use the subject line: JOB OPENING – OPERATIONS MANAGER & your Full Name. Job applications will be assessed as they are submitted.
Thanks a million!