$ 12,82 per person
Travel to the dawn of history with the mythical tales of Homer and visit the citadel of Mycenae accompanied by a self-guided audio tour on your phone.
Waltz in the archaeological site of Mycenae and then in the Museum with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of the ancient world. Start your tour from the archaeological site in order to admire the famous Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls as well as the Palace, and then continue to explore the archaeological Museum of Mycenae that houses exquisite artifacts found in the complex. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace Mycenae with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the archaeological site of Mycenae and the Museum is not included.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site of Mycenae, the Museum & the Treasury of Atreus
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- There is no internet access in archaeological site & the mobile signal is weak
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The audio tour is designed to begin at the entrance of the archaeological site
Directions to starting point
The archaeological site of Mycenae is a mere one and a half-hour drive from Athens.
By bus: There are daily buses from Athens to Mycenae. Buses from Athens to Mycenae depart from Kifissos KTEL Bus Station.
(Βuses are also available from the nearby towns of Nafplion and Argos.)
By car: Departing from Athens you will follow the National Highway Athens-Corinth. After the Corinth Canal, you will follow the road to Tripoli and you’ll take the exit toward ancient Nemea. You will follow the signs to Nafplion and Mycenae and turn left onto the road that connects Fichti to Mycenae.
08:00-17:00 & from 01-01-2021 08:00-15:30
1st September-15th September : 08:00-19:30
16th September-30th September : 08:00-19:00
1st October-15th October : 08:00-18:30
16th October-31th October : 08:00-18:00
Good Friday: 12.00-17.00 Holy Saturday: 08.30-16.00
Recommended visiting hours
It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
November-March: 6 euro April-October: 12 euro
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the archaeological site of Mycenae, the Museum & the Treasury of Atreus are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant.
- After booking, you will receive an email from Clio Muse Tours with instructions for your audio tour.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- Please make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- Non refundable once activated.
Know before you go
- Download the audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to enjoy it offline
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline.
- Kindly note that the archaeological site of Mycenae and the Treasury of Atreus are two separate archaeological sites and the latter is located a mere 10-minute walk away. Visitors taking the tour will first explore the archaeological site and then they shall continue to visit the Treasury of Atreus. This product doesn’t include a tour of the museum
- Please consider that the audio tour covers the areas of the archaeological site and the Treasury of Atreus. It doesn’t include a tour of the museum
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- Ensure you have a fully charged device and earphones/headphones
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!