Delve into the history, myths, and rituals of Ancient Athens with a pre-booked e-ticket for the Acropolis Hill and a self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Admire the unparalleled excellence of ancient Greek architecture as you travel back in time to experience the glory of Classical Athens.
Your tour begins at the South Slopes entrance of the Acropolis, from where you’ll set out to experience the archaeological site of the Theatre of Dionysus. Listen to the stories of the playful god of the vine and learn about the birth of ancient Greek tragedy before you continue to explore the relics of the Asclepieion, where you’ll discover how the pilgrims seeking spiritual and physical healing paid their respects to the god of Medicine.
As you walk along the ancient Peripatos, you’ll stumble upon the stunning Odeon of Herodes of Atticus, which you’ll admire from above listening to the story of the Roman magnate who constructed it as a grand gesture of love in memory of his deceased wife. Climbing the great staircase that has been the way into the Acropolis for centuries, you will have a view of the Temple of Athena Nike, aka Victory, standing as a reminder of the defensive role of the citadel. Briefly afterward, while walking through the majestic Propylaea, you will encounter for the first time the Parthenon in its sheer beauty and on the north side the peculiar temple of Erechtheum, home to many different deities and divine ancestors (as well as a snake that enjoyed eating honey cakes).
Discover among the ruins of the old temple of Athena the remnants of the old Mycenaean palace, the link to the city’s mythical origins, and don’t miss to take a moment to marvel at the magnificent panorama of Athens at the Belvedere viewpoint. Saving the best for the end, you will explore the Parthenon, source of countless tales about ruthless kings, fearless goddesses, and loyal maidens. Concluding your walk at the western side of the temple, you will experience the unparalleled excellence of ancient Greek architecture finding out that, despite all appearances, the Parthenon is actually a pyramid!
This tour combining an immersive audio tour with a detailed map of the site is the perfect companion to the Acropolis of Athens and its riveting stories.
Select date and participants
- Entrance fee/adult e-ticket for the Acropolis of Athens
- Fast-track entry service (e-ticket sent to your email)
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Live guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a pre-booked e-ticket for the Acropolis and a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone
- No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions for your ticket and the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Booking requests received between 10.00 pm – 7.59 am will be served the next morning from 8.00 am
- Please note that for the audio tour you must have an Android or iOS smartphone
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Make sure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Participants aged 0-18 can enter the Acropolis for free upon presentation of their ID or passport at the location. However, the free and reduced tickets do not have a skip-the-line privilege and will require the participants to queue to receive their zero-value pass
- Kindly note that due to the uneven ground this tour isn’t wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak at the Acropolis Hill. So please download the e-ticket and audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- Proceed to the validating machines to scan your tickets. Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly at any time, online or offline
- Please use your headphones to best enjoy it