Visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus with an e-ticket combined with an inspiring self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Marvel at the remains of a colossal temple at the pulsating heart of Athens and end your walk with a stop at the balaneion, the Greek public bath. Step inside one of the most potent landmarks of Greece and enjoy a unique experience!
As you approach the Great Propylon, you will have the chance to freshen up your Greek Mythology and listen to the story of the Great Deluge, the divine wrath that fell upon humankind on a day when Zeus felt kind of stormy! Weaving through the enormous 17 metre-high pillars you will set on a riotous journey back in time to learn about the turbulent 700-year history of the construction of the temple and its fate throughout the centuries. At the same time, this is a gripping coming-of-age story of the city itself as it is rolled into a brilliantly tied narrative. Among many other stories, you will learn about the gory bloodbath upon which the city was founded by legendary Theseus, the attempts of an Athenian tyrant and a Roman emperor to juxtapose their rule over men to the celestial power of Zeus, as well as the event of a ferocious thunderstorm that brought about terrible damages to the temple and premonitions of imminent disaster among the locals in 19th century Athens. Finally, you will end your tour at close proximity to the temple, where you will discover the relics of an ancient bathhouse and learn about the rejuvenating benefits of public baths.
This is an unmissable opportunity to explore the largest temple of Ancient Greece and to see the city’s history coming to life through an award-winning storytelling concept!
Select date and participants
- Entrance fee/adult ticket for the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Pre-booked ticket service (e-ticket sent to your email)
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone and headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a pre-booked e-ticket for the Temple of Olympian Zeus & a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone
- No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email with instructions about your ticket & audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Booking requests received between 10.00 pm – 7.59 am will be served the next morning from 8.00 am
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required.
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Participants aged 0-18 and EU Students can enter for free upon presentation of their ID or passport at the location. However, it is required for them to queue to receive their zero-value pass
- Non-EU Students and participants over 65 years old are entitled to reduced tickets. However, reduced tickets do not have a skip-the-line privilege and will require the participants to queue to present their ID or passport at the location
- Kindly note that due to the uneven ground this tour isn’t wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in the archaeological site. So please download the e-ticket and audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- Proceed to the validating machines to scan your tickets. Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- The audio tour can be used anytime, online or offline.
- Use your headphones to best enjoy it
Directions to Starting Point
Skip The Line Tickets Combos
Acropolis Hill & Museum Pre booked e-Tickets & Audio Tours