Enjoy at your own pace the dazzling Acropolis Museum with a pre-booked e-ticket combined with a self-guided audio tour on your smartphone. Download the digital self-guided audio tour on your smartphone and travel back in time to experience the glory of Classical Athens. Listening to a brilliantly tied narrative, you’ll experience the architectural wonders of the Golden Age of Athens and admire some of the finest examples of ancient Greek art.
As you enter the museum, you’ll admire the impressive glass floor showcasing ruins of an ancient settlement buried below and gear yourself up for the first gallery, where you’ll get an insider’s view of everyday life in ancient Athens. You’ll discover bygone wedding customs and ancient surgery practices as you gradually ascend to the next floor, where the exhibits will guide you through the riveting journey of the city’s transition to democracy. Weaving around monsters, heroes, gods and iconic representations of the human body, you’ll follow the evolution of ancient art. Continuing to the third floor, you’ll get straight into the heart of the Parthenon and see the narrative of the Panathenaic Procession, pieced together on the frieze of the temple. Engrossing tales from Greek Mythology depicted on the metopes and pediments of the temple, such as the birth of goddess Athena and the battle of the Centaurs, will fire up your imagination.
Finally, your tour ends with the culminating age of Greek style, the classical period, and some of the most famed artworks of Ancient Athens, including the iconic Caryatids, the curvaceous maidens who have witnessed the turbulent 2.500-year story of the Acropolis and are waiting to share it with you.
An ambitious project
The first architectural competition for the new Acropolis Museum was staged in 1976, but it took three more contests before the Swiss-French architect Bernard Tschumi was officially declared the winner in late 2001. He created a museum whose interior is airy and light-filled. Large glass surfaces on the facade allow natural light to enter the building and “embrace” the sculptures. Tschumi envisaged the repatriation of the Parthenon Marbles from the British Museum and created the areas where they can be displayed. His design also took into consideration the preservation of the ancient residential quarter discovered below the museum. The glass floor allows visitors to explore classical Athens beneath their feet.
Select date and participants
- Entrance fee/ adult ticket for the Acropolis Museum
- Pre-booked ticket service (e-ticket sent to your email)
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a combination of an e-ticket & a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone
- No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions for your tickets and the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Booking requests received between 17:00 p.m. – 8:59 a.m. will be served the next morning from 9:00 a.m.
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required.
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- EU citizens aged 0-18 are entitled to have Free admission tickets. However, they have to wait in line to show ID card or passport.
- Young persons under 18 years of age, from non-EU countries are eligible for reduced admission fee, but they will have to wait in line with current identification card to confirm age.
- Greek Senior citizens and Senior citizens from EU countries, 65 years of age and over, are eligible for reduced admission with current identification card to confirm age. However they will have to wait in line.
- Not all points of interest are wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak. So please download the e-ticket and audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- Skip the line and proceed directly to the expedited line to get your ticket scanned. Tickets need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- The audio tour can be used anytime, online or offline. It is necessary to bring along your own headphones in order to enjoy the audio-tour
- Please note that upon arrival, visitors go through a security check. To avoid delays, you are asked to avoid carrying large bags and luggage
Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis, Archaic collection, Parthenon’s frieze, Athena Nike’s temple atrium, Caryatids of the Erechtheion, statues, and votive offerings from the Acropolis hill from the 5th century BC to the 3rd century AD
1 November – 31 March
Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (last admission: 4:30 p.m.)
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
Saturday – Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
1 April – 31 October
Monday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (last admission: 3:30 p.m.)
Tuesday – Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (last admission: 7:30 p.m.)
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (last admission: 9:30 p.m.)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.