From per person
Built in the early 20th century, the Lázaro Galdiano museum houses a vast collection of art, jewelry, weapons, books, etc., especially from Medieval and Modern Europe. Throughout its four floors, you will discover interesting objects that will transport you to the past and help you better understand Spanish history.
Experience the Lázaro Galdiano Museum at your own pace with a pre-booked E-Ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to learn about the curiosities housed in the collection of the Lázaro Galdiano Museum.
Put on your headphones and discover the Triptych of Johannes Hispalensis, the portrait of Lady Sondes, and El Greco’s St Francis in ecstasy through the power of storytelling. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, distilled into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly, at any time, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the Lázaro Galdiano Museum, the history of its collections, and some of the most important gems it contains. You will be able to relate to the exhibits in an entirely original way.
Before entering the museum, let's stand in front of it for a moment to learn something about its original owners and their interest in collecting historical and artistic items.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Museo Lázaro Galdiano
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start outside the Museo Lázaro Galdiano (Serrano 122, 28006 Madrid).
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by metro on Line 5: Rubén Darío stop (Castellana exit).
Open from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Closed every MONDAY and, in 2021, on May 15; November 1, December 6, 24, 25 and 31.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Museo Lázaro Galdiano.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100—150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have pre-booking privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- This tour is suitable for all ages.
- The Lázaro Galdiano Museum is accessible to people with limited mobility.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones
- Entrance is free from 14:00 to 15:00, to children under 12 years of age accompanied by an adult, the unemployed, teachers and members of organisations such as ICOM, professional associations and teaching centers.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!