$ 12,82 per person
Spain’s main archaeological museum, the Museo Arqueológico Nacional houses an impressive collection of artefacts representing the different civilisations that have inhabited the country. Welcome to this meeting point with the history of Spain.
Waltz in the Archaeological Museum of Madrid with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic venues of Madrid. Start your tour from the entrance of the Archaeological Museum of Madrid, moving indoors to explore its unique collection of art.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience the Archaeological Museum of Madrid at your own pace with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Archaeological Museum of Madrid is not included.
The Nation's tribute to itself
During the rule of Queen Elizabeth II (1833-1868), Spain experienced a rise of national consciousness, typical of the Romantic period. As a result, many large public museums were founded throughout Europe, proudly exhibiting objects and material from the nation's past. Thus, in 1867, with the goal of bringing together the collections of historical artefacts scattered among various seats throughout the country and putting them under one roof, Elizabeth II created this museum. The collections were so large that it was necessary to build a proper building to house them in, and so the neoclassical Palace of Libraries and Museums was built by Francisco Jareño between 1867-1892. The palace opened its doors in 1895 and the Museum was officially inaugurated. Since its foundation, the MAN,as it is commonly named, has been a modern museum; it doesn't simply house a collection of treasures, but also teaches the origins and entire history of the nation.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Archaeological Museum of Madrid
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Archaeological Museum of Madrid (Calle de Serrano, 13 28001). The easiest way to get there is by metro: Retiro (L2), Serrano (L4).
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Archaeological Museum of Madrid are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR/AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100—150 MB).
- Interior spaces without architectural barriers.
- Toilets adapted for wheelchairs.
- Wheelchairs available at coat-check.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones
- Guided visits for the visually impaired persons, prior reservation needed
- Tactile labels for the permanent collection
- Tactile stations
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.