National Archaeological Museum: E-Ticket with Audio Tour & Madrid Audio City Tour
From: 14,00€ per person
Entrance e-ticketUse your phone or print the voucher
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
EnglishFor both audio and stories included
From: 14,00€ per person
Experience the National Archaeological Museum at your own pace with a pre-booked e-ticket and an audio tour and the city of Madrid with an engaging self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of the National Archaeological Museum, hosting one of the most important antique collections in the world and the city of Madrid, the vibrant capital of Spain home to the country’s top attractions.
Put on your headphones and explore the Fountain of Cybele, El Retiro Park and the Priest of Cádiz through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the National Archaeological Museum, narrating the history of human presence in the Iberian peninsula as well as the city of Madrid, the political and cultural capital of Spain and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The Nation's tribute to itself
During the rule of Queen Elizabeth II (1833-1868), Spain experienced a rise of national consciousness, typical of the Romantic period. As a result, many large public museums were founded throughout Europe, proudly exhibiting objects and material from the nation's past. Thus, in 1867, with the goal of bringing together the collections of historical artefacts scattered among various seats throughout the country and putting them under one roof, Elizabeth II created this museum. The collections were so large that it was necessary to build a proper building to house them in, and so the neoclassical Palace of Libraries and Museums was built by Francisco Jareño between 1867-1892. The palace opened its doors in 1895 and the Museum was officially inaugurated. Since its foundation, the MAN,as it is commonly named, has been a modern museum; it doesn't simply house a collection of treasures, but also teaches the origins and entire history of the nation.
Juan Alberto Romero
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to National Archaeological Museum
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
National Archaeological Museum
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Archaeological Museum (Calle de Serrano, 13 28001). The easiest way to get there is by metro: Retiro (L2), Serrano (L4).
Madrid City Tour
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of Atocha Train Station(Pl. del Emperador Carlos V, 28045 Madrid, Spain), located in the city centre. The easiest way to get there is on foot or by metro; line 1 Atocha Renfe metro station.
Opening hours for N.A.M Madrid
- Tuesday - Saturday: -
- Sunday: -
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the National Archaeological Museum.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The National Archaeological Museum is wheelchair accessible. Also the Toilets are adapted for wheelchairs and there are wheelchairs available at coat-check.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- For the Madrid City Tour make sure you wear comfortable shoes, suitable for walking
- For the Madrid City Tour wear sunscreen and a hat during hot days
- No pets besides guide dogs are allowed in the National Archaeological Museum.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
- Duration: 1h 10min
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Audio available in 1 language