No trip to Athens could be complete without a visit to the Ancient Agora! Enjoy fast track entrance with your e-ticket and waltz in this unique site with a fascinating audio tour on your phone. Download the tour on your smartphone and follow, at your own pace, the riveting journey of the evolution of Athenian democracy as you enjoy a visit to the most dynamic archaeological site of Athens.
Your tour begins with a comprehensive introduction to the chain of events that made democracy possible in ancient Athens. At the foot of the hill where the temple of Hephaestus still stands radiant, you’ll learn about Solon, whose legal reforms paved the way for the formation of the earliest civil society in world history. Just uphill from the Tholos, take a glimpse of the ruined Bouleuterion, where 500 Athenians met daily to draw up laws and proposals presented to the city’s popular assembly. As you continue your walk, anecdotal stories from the lives of bright Athenian personalities, such as Aristides the Just and glorious Pericles, will come alive through the original and fun content of your expertly designed audio guide. The exhibits in the Museum of the Agora are bound to fascinate you, providing a rich pool of information on the ingenious, yet at times cruel, methods used by the Athenians to defend their democracy from any malign influence. Enjoy picture-postcard vistas to the Acropolis from the hill of Pnyx and the Rock of Ares, while later as you ascend on the hill of Philopappos, you’ll discover the prison of Socrates and gain some important insights into the life and death of the great Athenian philosopher.
Your tour ends within easy reach of the Acropolis archaeological site, in front of the theatre of Dionysus, where you’ll marvel at the oldest theatre of the world and the actual place where the tragedies of Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Euripides were once staged.
Select date and participants
Contributors and Bibliography
Tiny, happy person who wanted to be a writer but by accident became an Archaeologist. You will find her in libraries working on her PhD. She is the one with the blue hair!
- Entrance fee/adult e-ticket for the Ancient Agora
- Pre-booked ticket service (e-ticket sent to your email)
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a skip-the-line ticket & a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone
- No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions for your ticket and the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Booking requests received between 10.00 pm – 7.59 am will be served the next morning from 8.00 am
- Prior to your visit, download your e-ticket and the audio tour on your smartphone to go offline and avoid roaming charges. The required size is 100-150 MB.
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required.
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly online and offline
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in the archaeological site. So please download the e-ticket and audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- Proceed to the validating machines. Tickets need to be printed or downloaded on your phone
- Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- EU Students & minors can enter for free with their ID or passport. It is required for them to queue to receive their zero-value pass
- Non-EU Students & participants over 65 y.o are entitled to reduced tickets but they will need to queue at the ticket office
- Not all points of interest are wheelchair accessible
Skip The Line Tickets Combos
Colosseum: Skip The Line e-Ticket and Audio Tour on Your Smartphone26,50€ 4 hours
Skip The Line Tickets Combos