Step inside the Temple of Olympian Zeus with a gripping audio tour on your smartphone!
To begin with, you will have the chance to freshen up your Greek Mythology. You’ll listen to the story of the Great Deluge as you approach the Great Propylon. Well, terrible things can happen when the Gods feel stormy! From here on, a riotous journey back in time begins! Learn about the turbulent 700-year history of the construction of the temple and its fate throughout the centuries. You’re guessing right! This is a gripping coming-of-age story of the city itself… All mythic and real events are rolled into a brilliantly tied narrative! You will, finally, end your walk at the balaneion, where you will discover the relics of an ancient bathhouse and learn about the rejuvenating benefits of public baths!
This is an unmissable opportunity to explore the largest temple of Ancient Greece and to see the city’s history coming to life through an award-winning storytelling concept!
The wrath of Zeus
Zeus called a council of the gods and informed them of his decision to cleanse the earth. There was widespread concern over the future, for if all mortals were dead, who could offer frankincense upon the altars? Zeus promised to people the earth with a miraculous new race. And then a practical problem arose: if he used his thunderbolts he might set the very air on fire and burn the axle of the universe. Far better to overwhelm the mortals beneath deep waves and storms. He shut all the winds that might dispel the clouds in a deep cave but allowed the south wind to bring drenching rain that descended from his wet beard and hoary locks.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee to the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Temple of Olympieion Zeus
Leof. Vasilissis Olgas 2, Athina 105 57
Opening hours for Temple of Olympian Zeus
1 November - 31 March
- Monday - Sunday: - (last admission: )
1 April - 31 October
- Monday - Sunday: - (last admission: )
General admission: €8
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- Please consider that this is an audio tour for the archaeological site of the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Admission fees are not included in the price.
- After booking, you will receive an email from Clio Muse with instructions for the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Please note that for the audio tour you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6 or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- Non refundable once activated
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
- Please note that admission fees are not included in the price. Proceed to the ticket offices to purchase your entry ticket.
- Download the application and the tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to go offline and avoid roaming charges.
- The audio tour can be used anytime, online or offline.
- Use your headphones to best enjoy it.
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months.
- Kindly note that visitors are advised to wear sturdy shoes.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged prior to your visit.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!