Step inside the Temple of Olympian Zeus with a gripping audio tour on your smartphone!
To begin with, you will have the chance to freshen up your Greek Mythology. You’ll listen to the story of the Great Deluge as you approach the Great Propylon. Well, terrible things can happen when the Gods feel stormy! From here on, a riotous journey back in time begins! Learn about the turbulent 700-year history of the construction of the temple and its fate throughout the centuries. You’re guessing right! This is a gripping coming-of-age story of the city itself… All mythic and real events are rolled into a brilliantly tied narrative! You will, finally, end your walk at the balaneion, where you will discover the relics of an ancient bathhouse and learn about the rejuvenating benefits of public baths!
This is an unmissable opportunity to explore the largest temple of Ancient Greece and to see the city’s history coming to life through an award-winning storytelling concept!
The wrath of Zeus
Zeus called a council of the gods and informed them of his decision to cleanse the earth. There was widespread concern over the future, for if all mortals were dead, who could offer frankincense upon the altars? Zeus promised to people the earth with a miraculous new race. And then a practical problem arose: if he used his thunderbolts he might set the very air on fire and burn the axle of the universe. Far better to overwhelm the mortals beneath deep waves and storms. He shut all the winds that might dispel the clouds in a deep cave but allowed the south wind to bring drenching rain that descended from his wet beard and hoary locks.
Temple of Olympieion Zeus
- Self-guided audio tour in English for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee to the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that this is an audio tour for the archaeological site of the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Admission fees are not included in the price
- After booking, you will receive an email from Clio Muse with instructions for the audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please note that for the audio tour you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- Non refundable once activated
Know before you go
- Please note that admission fees are not included in the price. Proceed to the ticket offices to purchase your entry ticket.
- Download the mobile application, prior to your visit, then select the audio tour “The great debt: The Olympieion of Athens” and download it on your smartphone to go offline and avoid roaming charges
- The audio tour can be used anytime, online or offline
- Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Kindly note that visitors are advised to wear sturdy shoes
Temple of Olympian Zeus, Zappeion
Temple of Olympieion Zeus: 8.00-15:00 | Last entrance: 14:30
General admission: €6
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.
By clicking "Add to cart", you are purchasing this tour in English. This tour is also available in the following languages: Ελληνικά.