From per person
Experience the Girona Cathedral, the Girona Art Museum and the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and three captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of Girona’s revered sites and their artistic imprint.
Put on your headphones and explore the Girona Cathedral, where the Tapestry of Creation, the Sepulchre of Saint Ermessenda, and the Main Chapel await; the Girona Art Museum with its captivating Calvary, the Virgin of Pontós, and the Tapestry of the Coronation of a Prince; and the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona, housing the Chapel of Saint Anne, Saint Barbara’s Heroines, and the Sarcophagus of Saint Narcís, all through the power of storytelling, and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the past. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the dynamic interplay of spirituality, artistry, and historical layers that characterize the Girona Cathedral, Girona Art Museum, and the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
So how does one become a Christian? Like in most religions, there’s an initiation ceremony. In the case of Christianity, it’s the baptism. This is where a new believer is wet with holy water, welcoming them into the church and absolving them of their previous sins. This includes the original sin (for new-born children) or their personal ones. Initially baptisms were just for adults. But then they began to baptise newborns to prevent them from going to hell or (if they didn’t survive) to the Limbo of the Infants (where there was no punishment, but no salvation either). From the Middle Ages, the ceremony usually took place the week after birth. Babies were taken to church by their godfathers - Jewish tradition meant mothers weren’t allowed to go there until they were purified, 40 days after the birth.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Girona Cathedral, the Girona Art Museum and the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona
- Self-guided audio tours on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point.
- The self-guided audio tour for the Girona Cathedral is designed to start at the entrance of the Girona Cathedral (Plaça Catedral, s/n 17004 Girona). The easiest way to get there is to stop at the C. Calderers bus station and walk for 3 minutes up the Pujada de San Feliu Basilica street. The tour ends at the entrance/exit of the Girona Cathedral (Plaça Catedral, s/n 17004 Girona) near the C. Calderers bus station.
- The self-guided audio tour for the Girona Art Museum is designed to start at the entrance of the Girona Art Museum (Pujada de la Catedral, 12, 17004 Girona, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by taking the L7 bus and getting off at the UdG Campus Barri Vell bus stop. From there, it’s just a short 4 minute walk (300 meters) to the main entrance of the museum. The tour ends right where it started, at the museum’s entrance/exit. (Pujada de la Catedral, 12, 17004 Girona, Spain).
- The self-guided audio tour for the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona is designed to start at the main facade of the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona (Carrer Trasfigueres, 4, 17004 Girona, Spain). The easiest way to get there is to stop at the c. Jaume Pons i Marti bus station (L 12) and take a short 2-minute walk (200 meters) towards the Square of Sant Feliu (Plaça de Sant Feliu), which will lead you directly to the facade.The tour ends at the Sepulchre of The Sitjar’s Family inside the church. You will exit the church through the side exit/entrance (southern facade) the same way you entered from Pujada de Sant Feliu street. This exit is situated near the C. Calderers bus station.
- Girona Cathedral: The tour ends at the entrance/exit of the Girona Cathedral (Plaça Catedral, s/n 17004 Girona) near the C. Calderers bus station.
- Girona Art Museum: The tour ends at the museum’s entrance/exit. (Pujada de la Catedral, 12, 17004 Girona, Spain).
- Church of Sant Feliu De Girona: The tour ends inside the church.
Tapestry of Creation / The Cathedral’s Facade / Sepulchre of Ramón Berenguer
Christ in Majesty | Bargueño Desk | Canonization of Saint Stephen and Saint Vincent
Opening hours for Girona Art Museum
Opening hours for Girona Cathedral
Opening hours for Church of S.t Feliu
Recommended visiting hours
- 1 November-14 March,
Monday-Saturday 10:00 – 17:00
Sunday 12:00 – 17:00
- 15 March-14 June/16 September-31 October
- 15 June-15 September
Girona Art Museum
- From Tuesday to Saturday (May-September): 10h – 19h
- From Tuesday to Saturday (October – April): 10h – 18h
- Sundays and public holidays: 10h – 14.00h
- Open from 10 to 14 h: 5 January, 24 and 31 December
San Feliu De Girona
- Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of three downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Girona Cathedral, the Girona Art Museum and the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB).
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Entrance to the Girona cathedral is free for children under 8 years old and people with certified disability over 66%.
- Mass is taking place in the nave of the Girona Cathedral daily in the morning. Please note that the ticket is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Girona Art Museum is partly wheelchair accessible.
- It is important to notify the museum’s staff in advance of your visit to ensure wheelchair access via the secondary entrance in C/ Pere Rocabertí.
- Entrance to the Girona Art Museum is free for under 16s, unemployed individuals, disabled persons with a valid card, carers of disabled persons, and registered school teachers, with the requirement of presenting relevant accreditation.
- The Church of Sant Feliu De Girona is partly wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The Girona Cathedral and the Church of Sant Feliu De Girona are sacred places of worship, so visitors are kindly requested to conduct themselves in a respectful and reverent manner.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!