$ 38.5 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 27,81 per person
Audio ToursFrom $ 10,69
Experience Barcelona at your own pace with a voucher to exchange at the entrance of the Montjuïc Cable Car, and two captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone. This is also your chance to discover the history as well as a number of fascinating sites that shaped contemporary Barcelona with a self-guided audio walking tour.
Receive your voucher by email and don’t forget to download it before your visit. Get on to the Montjuïc Cable car, be amazed by the beautiful route of the Montjuïc Cable car and the view, take a slow stroll and admire various sites and monuments. It is the best way to know the history of Barcelona and admire various sites,and monuments that marked the past of the city.
Do not also miss to discover contemporary Barcelona with a self-guided audio walking tour.
Download your voucher(s) and put on your headphones and discover the Montjuïc Cable Car, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories about this iconic landmark. It is also your chance to explore Barcelona with a self-guided city walking tour on your phone and lose yourself in the beauty of its stories. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the dreamland called Barcelona, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The cable car’s route starts at Parc de Montjuïc, where the cable car goes directly to Castell de Montjuïc without making any stops. On the return route, the Montjuïc Cable Car stops at Mirador de l’Alcalde. This stop is optional, but highly recommended to relax in the Miramar Costa i Llobera, Cinto Verdaguer and Joan Brossa gardens, with the best views over Barcelona. The return route ends in Parc de Montjuïc. However, if you like walking, you can get off at the Mirador stop and continue walking to Parc de Montjuïc.
Cover photo @Ivan Mlinaric / Commons Wikimedia
Just before taking the Cable Car from Parc Montjuïc Stop, go to the left along Avinguda Miramar, with the Cable Car station behind you, until you reach the Plaza de Neptú. Then take the first street on the right, Passeig de Santa Madrona, and walk for about five minutes until you reach a crossroad. Then, continue straight along to the Montanyans Avenue until you see the Museum.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult voucher for the top attraction in Barcelona, the Montjuïc Cable Car
- 1 self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) for Montjuïc Cable Car
- 1 Self-guided Barcelona Walking Tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point.
- The self-guided audio tour for Montjuïc Cable Car is designed to start at the telefèric de montjuïc (Barcelona cable car) (Avinguda Miramar, 30, 08038 Barcelona, Spain).
- The self-guided audio tour for Barcelona walking tour is designed to start in Plaça Sant Jaume .
Directions to starting point
- For Montjuïc Cable Car the easiest way to get there is by reaching the Av Miramar – Estació del Funicular (08038 Barcelona, Spain) which is 50 meters from the Cable Car entrance
- For Barcelona walking tour the easiest way to get there is by metro Jaume I (line L4) or Liceu (line L3) stations or by bus (Lines 14, 17, 45, 59, 91, 120 and V17).
Monday to Sunday:
- From January to February: from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
- From March to May: from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm
- From June to September: from 10.00 am to 9.00 pm
- October: from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm
- From November to December: from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Know before you book
- This is a combination of 2 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone and 1 entry voucher to exchange at the entrance of the Montjuïc Cable Car.
- Download your voucher prior to your visit, in order to enter
- The Barcelona City self guided audio walking tour is also included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB).
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on Wi-Fi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ticket(s) need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during the hot summer months
Contributors and Bibliography
Cover photo @Ivan Mlinaric / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 1: © AwOiSoAk KaOsIoWa / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © John Quine / Flickr
Stop 3: © Ashley Pomeroy / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Nxr-at / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © J hewitt / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 6: © Canaan / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Alessandro Grussu / Flickr
Stop 8: © Jordiferrer / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Jorge Franganillo / Flickr
Stop 10: © Jorge Franganillo / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Jorge Franganillo / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!