From per person
Experience the Castell de Castelldefels at your own pace with a pre-booked e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of Castell de Castelldefels.
Put on your headphones and explore the gardens, the rooms of the castle, and the Piratia exhibition through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the time of pirates. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
Put on your headphones and explore/discover the (names of the most important sights, famous exhibits) through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into (the prevalent aspect/ angle of the site which the tour focuses on. Eg. for the Doge’s Palace: gain valuable insights into the rise and fall of the Most Serene Republic) and relate to your surroundings/ the exhibits in an entirely original way.
Castelldefels, a little about its origins
Although Iberian and Roman archaeological remains have surfaced in the region, the population of Castelldefels did not begin to take shape until the 9th and 10th centuries. During this later period, the so-called "Spanish Marca" was formed, a territorial buffer between the Islamic emirate of the Umayyad and the Carolingian kingdom of the Franks. The fortifications cast protective shadows over entire villages, like Castelldefels. Naturally, the first record on Castelldefels dates to that period, specifically to 967. The text recounts the church of Santa Maria, "which is in Kastrum Felix". Going by the document, the church and a castle existed in 967. However, not the iconic castle we know today – that was a later addition.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to Castell de Castelldefels
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start in front of the parking lot at the Plaça del Castell where a ruined tower is located (Plaça del castell, 1, 08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona). The easiest way to get there is by train (Rodalies Renfe. Castelldefels train stop) or bus (Dr. Marañón – Pl. Joan XXIII bus stop).
Castle Gardens | Piratia Exhibition | Santa Maria Church | Can Gomar Tower
Opening hours for Castell de Castelldefels
Recommended visiting hours
Summer opening hours (from April 1st on): From Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 7pm.*
*Last entrance to the castle at 6pm.
Winter opening hours (from October 1st on): Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 10am to 6pm.*
*Last entrance to the castle at 5pm.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Castell de Castelldefels
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The castle is wheelchair accessible. There is a lift that allows access to the castle.
- The tour is ideal for all ages, even for children (8-12 years old)
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes (especially for the access to the viewpoints)
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!