$ 10,69 per person
Waltz in the city of Girona with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Girona. Start your tour from the independence square, the spot of celebration of the country’s independence and move on to explore the city’s most iconic landmarks. The Air-raid shelter, the City Walls, the Cathedral and more. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the city of Girona with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
The “Eiffel” Bridge
Right. Back to Eiffel. This bridge has been called “de l’Eiffel” because of the company that built it. In 1876, the local government published an auction for a new bridge. Three companies beavered away before finally presenting their proposals. But only one company submitted a winning project – the company of Gustave Eiffel. Eiffel won by presenting a budget of 19.750 pesetas. Must have been seen to be good value at the time. And it probably was. Despite some repairs and a bit of re-painting, the bridge has endured until today. I’d say those pesetas were money well spent – wouldn’t you?
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Independence Square(Pl. de la Independència, 17001 Girona, Spain). The easiest way to get there is to stop at the CAP Santa Clara bus station, walk a few steps on the Carrer de Santa Clara street and turn right towards Pl. de la Independència street. The tour ends at Basilica de Sant Feliu (Carrer Trasfigueres, 4, 17004 Girona, Spain) near the c. Jaume Pons i Marti, bus station.
The Cathedral/ Air-raid Shelter/ Pujada de Sant Domenec
Recommended visiting hours
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible(please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during hot summer months.
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Aroa Gutiérrez Jiménez
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.