From per person
Experience the Porto National Museum Soares dos Reis at your own pace with an e-ticket.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel in time to experience the glory of the most iconic landmark of Porto.
Explore the magnificent museum and the only place that can be visited in Porto through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories. This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the glory of Porto, in an entirely original way.
The marriage of John I of Portugal to Henry III of England's niece, Philippa of Lancaster, in Porto changed the fate of Portugal. One of the couple's many offspring was Henry the Navigator, who inaugurated the Age of Discoveries. Prince Henry, third son of John I of Portugal, was born in Porto in 1394. He was celibate, loved extravagant parties and the Knight's Code, and dedicated his life to exploration. Under his direction, a group of maritime experts designed new maps and ships, among which the caravel, a new and lighter ship that revolutionized navigation. With the caravel, that could sail further and faster, Portuguese mariners explored uncharted waters around the Atlantic. Portugal and its ships were moving through at full sail.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult admission ticket to the Porto National Museum Soares dos Reis
- Instant Confirmation
- App on your smartphone (Android & IPhone)
- Live / Audio Guide
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The Porto National Museum of Soares dos Reis is located in the central area of the city of Porto, close to the General Hospital of Santo António and the Palácio de Cristal(RUA DE D. MANUEL II 44, 4050-522, PORTO, PORTUGAL). If you use the train upon arriving at Campanhã station, you can take a bus (STCP – 207) from the terminal next to the station and get off at the Jardim do Carregal stop.
Once you are in Campanhã, you can choose to change trains and come to S. Bento station. From S. Bento, you can reach the Museum in 20 minutes on foot.
Opening hours for Porto National Museum Soares dos Reis
Recommended visiting hours
Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 pm – 18:00 pm
Know before you book
- This is an entry ticket for the Porto National Museum Soares dos Reis
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your ticket. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Please note that your (name of marketplace) Voucher is not your entry ticket.
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged
- In order to enjoy your visit to the fullest, you should wear comfortable shoes and have your camera or cell phone fully charged.
Contributors and Bibliography
Central: ©Derrick Brutel / Flickr
1: © Commons Wikimedia
3: © Diego Delso / Commons Wikimedia
6: © Krzysztof Golik / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!