$ 73.37 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 31,02 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 13,69 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 17,97 per person
Audio ToursFrom $ 10,69
Experience the top attractions of Lisbon, St. George Castle, Jerónimos Monastery, and Belém Tower at your own pace with three skip-the-line e-tickets and three captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone.
Receive your tickets by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, before your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of Lisbon and its most visited attractions.
Put on your headphones and explore St. George Castle, Jerónimos Monastery, Belém Tower and the magnificent city of Lisbon through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from ancient times till the vibrant present. Tour’s content results from in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly, anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the shaping of Portugal’s capital through its top attractions, St. George Castle, Jerónimos Monastery, and Belém Tower as well as the city of Lisbon itself and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The Old Castle that Lies
The castle beautifully sits on the highest point of the hill, enjoying a beautiful panorama of the city. The hill and the surrounding area have been occupied by several civilizations since the Iron Age. Today, this neighbourhood belongs to the parish of Santa Maria Maior and access to the interior of the castle, which was designated as a National Monument in 1910, is provided through the arch in Rua Santa Cruz do Castelo. Have a look at it! It looks quite old, doesn't it? Well, it’s not. The largest part of what we see today is a reconstruction of the original structure, which went through a major makeover in the 1940s. Battlements and towers were built on the previously existing building in order to give it a medieval look, and although most people believe this is a living memory of the city’s past, it is actually a monument less than a hundred years old.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry tickets to St. George Castle, Jerónimos Monastery, Belém Tower
- Self-guided audio tours on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
- The audio tour for Belem Tower begins at the Belem Tower’s garden (1400-038 Lisbon, Portugal) which can be easily accessed from Argo Da Princesa Bus Stop (1400-024 Lisbon, Portugal).
- The audio tour for St. George Castle begins at the Arco do Castelo (Rua do Chão da Feira 25, 1100-129 Lisboa, Portugal) which can be easily accessed from Castelo bus station (1100-223 Lisbon, Portugal).
- The audio tour for the Jerónimos Monastery begins at the entrance of the Jerónimos Monastery (Praça do Império 1400-206 Lisboa) which can be easily accessed by getting the local train from Cais do Sodre(1200-161 Lisbon, Portugal) or the tram 15, stop Belem(1300-598 Lisbon, Portugal).
- The audio tour for the city tour of Lisbon begins at the city’s National Pantheon (Campo de Santa Clara, 1100-471 Lisboa, Portugal) which can be easily accessed from the Panteão Nacional bus stop (1100-473 Lisbon, Portugal).
Dom Afonso Henriques monument | Lisbon Highlights | Ulysses tower | Belém Gardens | The Governor’s Hall | The Audience Hall | Lisbon Cathedral | Rossio Square | Lisbon Botanic Garden | Southern Portal | Cloister | Tomb of Vasco da Gama
Opening hours for St. George Castle
1 November - 28 February
- Monday: - (last admission: )
- Wednesday - Sunday: - (last admission: )
1 March - 31 October
- Monday: - (last admission: )
- Wednesday - Sunday: - (last admission: )
Opening hours for Belem Tower
Opening hours for Jerónimos Monastery
Recommended visiting hours
- St. George Castle:
Winter Schedule (Nov – Feb):
Every Day 9:00 to 19:00 – Last entry at 18:30 (30 mins before closing time).
Summer Schedule (Mar – Oct):
Every Day 9:00 to 21:00 – Last entry at 20:30 (30 mins before closing time).
- Jerónimos Monastery
October to April: 10:00 – 17:30
May to September: 10:00 – 18:30
The attractions start to close 30 minutes before the closing time.
- Belem Tower:
Tuesday-Sunday 10AM – 5PM
- Lisbon City Tour
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of four downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and three entry tickets for St. George Castle, Jerónimos Monastery, and Belém Tower.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300 MB).
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Not all areas of St. George Palace are accessible via wheelchair.
- The Belem Tower is not wheelchair accessible.
- The Jerónimos Monastery and the Lisbon City Tour are wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download the tickets & audio tours while on WiFi before your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on accessing and downloading your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during hot summer months
- Make sure that you have your identity or your passport with you
- For the Jerónimos Monastery, off-shoulder tops and dresses are not recommended. Ensure that you always cover your shoulders on your visit to the monastery. It is also recommended not to wear knee-high shorts. Your knees must be covered inside the monastery.
Contributors and Bibliography
Tours’ Image Credits:
St. George Castle © AnnElisa Sgrazzutti
Jeronimos Monastery © Clio Muse Tours
Belem Tower © Clio Muse Tours
Lisbon City Tour
Central: © Deensel / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 1: © Eurico Zimbres / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Creative Commons / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Concierge.2C / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Jake Setlak from Chicago / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © Ann Priestley / Flickr
Stop 6: © BK59 / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Sergey Ashmarin /Commons Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Concierge.2C / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Roundtheworld / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 10: © Alvesgaspar / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Scalleja / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 12: © Lijealso / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!