From per person
Experience the National Museum of Contemporary Art/Chiado Museum at your own pace with an e-ticket.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel in time to experience the glory of the most iconic landmark of Lisbon.
Explore the magnificent museum and the only place that can be visited in Lisbon through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories. This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the glory of Lisbon, in an entirely original way.
A Lush-Green Dream
The Lisbon Botanical Garden is a national monument spreading over 4 hectares, carpeted with flora species from all over the world. Cycads, palm trees, tropical fig trees, a herbarium with more than 220,000 leaves and a Butterfly Garden are only a few of its priceless natural treasures. These charming gardens are set in a peaceful and seductive verdant environment occupying the former grounds of a sixteenth-century estate, initially owned by a Portuguese nobleman and later home to a Jesuit college, the Polytechnic School of Lisbon and the School of Science. Today the former academic buildings house the National Museum of Natural History and Science and is dedicated to the promotion and study of zoology, anthropology, geology and botany.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult admission ticket to the National Museum of Contemporary Art/Chiado Museum
- Instant Confirmation
- App on your smartphone (Android & IPhone)
- Live / Audio Guide
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The National Museum of Contemporary Art/Chiado Museum is located in the Chiado neighborhood (Rua Serpa Pinto, 4 – Rua Capelo 13
1200-444 Lisboa). You can use the Metro Station – Baixa-Chiado or the Tram 28.
Opening hours for National Museum of Contemporary Art/Chiado Museum
Recommended visiting hours
Tuesday to Sunday
From 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Know before you book
- This is an entry ticket for the National Museum of Contemporary Art/Chiado Museum
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your ticket. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Please note that your (name of marketplace) Voucher is not your entry ticket.
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged
- In order to enjoy your visit to the fullest, you should wear comfortable shoes and have your camera or cell phone fully charged.
Contributors and Bibliography
Central: © Deensel / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 1: © Eurico Zimbres / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Creative Commons / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Concierge.2C / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Jake Setlak from Chicago / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © Ann Priestley / Flickr
Stop 6: © BK59 / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Sergey Ashmarin /Commons Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Concierge.2C / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Roundtheworld / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 10: © Alvesgaspar / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Scalleja / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 12: © Lijealso / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!