From $ 18,18 per person
Your Personal Adventure: Explore Crete’s top attractions, the Knossos Palace and the Heraklion, at your own pace with e-tickets and fascinating audio tours. Receive your tickets by email, download the app, and the audio tours on your phone before your visit. Start a journey through time to experience the splendour of Crete’s most renowned sites.
Listen and Admire:
Heraklion Archaeological Museum
Historic Old Town
Explore through Locals’ Eyes: Discover the essence of the Minoan Era at Knossos Palace, explore extraordinary treasures at the Heraklion Archaeological Museum, and uncover Heraklion’s vibrant history through narratives and stories by professional local experts deeply connected to Crete’s heritage.
Extra Tip: Ancient symbols, inscriptions, and architectural elements can often reveal fascinating stories about the Minoan civilization. By paying attention to these subtler aspects, you can create a more comprehensive visual record of your visit and gain a deeper appreciation for the site’s history.
Once upon a time!
Knossos is the symbol of an entire era. According to the excavations, the site was inhabited from the Neolithic period (7000-3000 BC) until late Antiquity. The city was constructed in different periods but reached its peak during the 16th and 14th centuries. In 1450 BC, the Cretan palaces were destroyed from several causes and there was no recovery. Knossos survived one more century and became the seat of the Mycenaean rulers. Then, the city was abandoned and what was left were the remains of its erstwhile glory. Knossos flourished one last time during the Hellenistic period and, in 67 BC, it became a Roman colony. The city continued to be inhabited until the medieval times when a new town, Chandax -Heraklion today- emerged as the new center of the island of Crete.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to Knossos Palace
- Skip-the-line service
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point
- The tour of the Knossos Palace begins just after the entrance to the archaeological site of Knossos (Knossos 714 09, Greece). Knossos is just a 20-minute drive from the city of Heraklion. You will drive along Ethnikis Antistaseos Avenue, which later gives way to Knossos Avenue for about 5 km. You will continue straight ahead until you reach Dedalou street, where you will find the entrance of the archaeological site. Even though you do not have a car, the easiest way is to get the bus. Take the bus 2 from Eleftherias square- the station is located in front of the Capsis Astoria Hotel- or from the central bus station of Heraklion. The ticket costs 1.70 euros (if you have already purchased it from automatic ticket offices or from kiosks) or 2.50 euros (if you purchase it on the bus).
- The self-guided audio tour for the city of Heraklion is designed to start at the entrance of Koules which is located at the old harbor of the city.. The easiest way to get there is on foot.
Throne Room I Tripartite Shrine I North lustral area | Koules I Morosini Fountain IN The Loggia
Opening hours for Knossos Palace
1 April - 31 October
- Monday - Sunday: -
1 November - 31 March
- Monday - Sunday: -
Recommended visiting hours
from 1-11-2021 to 31-3-2022: 08.30-17.00 (last admission 16:45)
from 1-4-2021: 08:00 – 20:00 (last admission 19:45)
from 1-9-2021: 08.00-19.30 (last admission 19:15)
from 16-9-2021 08.00-19.00 (last admission 18:45)
from 1-10-2021: 08.00-18.30 (last admission 18:15)
from 16-10-2021: 08.00-18.00 (last admission 17:45)
Heraklion City Tour
8am – 8pm
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Knossos Palace.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Most of the archaeological site of the Knossos Palace is wheelchair accessible.
- The Heraklion City Tour is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible. Please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- For the Heraklion City Tour please wear sunscreen and a hat during hot summer months
- For the Heraklion City Tour visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.