$ 12,82 per person
Phaistos, second only to Knossos, was the main Minoan town of southern Crete. The legendary residence of King Radamanthis, the brother of King Minos, awaits your arrival! Welcome to Phaistos, see the legendary palace and the most scenic views over southern Crete.
Waltz in the Palace of Phaistos with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of Crete, the Palace of Phaistos. Start your tour from the upper court of the Palace and continue to meet West Court: the tripartite shrine, getting acquainted with the Kouloures in the west court, and the theatral steps.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Phaistos Palace with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Palace is not included.
Walk past the ticket office, down a flight of stairs which leads to an open area, with a good overview of the whole archaeological site. Stand in the centre of this open space and listen to the stories.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to the palace is not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by car.
from 1-11-2021 to 31-3-2022: 08.30-17.00 (last admission 16:45)
from 1-4-2021: 08:00 – 20:00 (last admission 19:45)
from 1-9-2021: 08.00-19.30 (last admission 19:15)
from 16-9-2021 08.00-19.00 (last admission 18:45)
from 1-10-2021: 08.00-18.30 (last admission 18:15)
from 16-10-2021: 08.00-18.00 (last admission 17:45)
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Palace of Phaistos are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Image 2: Kouloures. Copyright Free.
Image 3: Theatral Steps. Copyright Free.
Image 8: © Jose Mario Pires / Commons Wikimedia
Image 9: Area of the Phaistos Disc. Copyright Free.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!