From per person
Experience the National Coach Museum at your own pace with a pre-booked e-ticket and an engaging self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to ride like a royal, through Lisbon’s collection of Royal Vehicles.
Put on your headphones and explore the Triumphal Coaches, the Coach of Pope Clemente XI and the State Crown Carriage through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from Portugal’s Royal Chronicles. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the National Coach Museum, the technology and aesthetics behind the Royals in motion and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The National Coach Museum
This place really is something very special. This National Coach Museum houses the finest and the most unique and prominent collection of historical coaches and carriages in the world. But why here, of all places? Interestingly, it’s all down to geography. Unlike most countries in Europe, Portugal was spared during the First and Second World Wars (and other aggressive conflicts). The result? Portugal’s larger vehicles were spared from the destruction of bombings and violent revolutions as well. And we are so lucky that they were! The collection was initially exhibited inside the Old Royal Riding School. This much more modern building was built in 2015.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to The National Coach Museum
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the National Coach Museum(Av. da Índia 136, 1300-300 Lisboa, Portugal). The easiest way to get there is by riding the train(Cascais line) till the Belem train station and then walking for approximately 1 minute to reach the entrance of the National Coach Museum.
Triumphal Coaches/ Eyeglass Chaise/ Bed Berlin
Opening hours for National Coach Museum
Recommended visiting hours
Tuesday-Sunday 10:00 – 18:00
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the National Coach Museum.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The National Coach Museum is wheelchair accessible for the better part.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!