From per person
Experience the Lisbon National Ancient Art Museum at your own pace with an e-ticket.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel in time to experience the glory of the most iconic landmark of Lisbon.
Explore Lisbon National Ancient Art Museum through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories. This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the glory of Lisbon, in an entirely original way.
A Tribute to New Lisbon
The expansive square of Praça do Comércio is beautifully framed by long, elegant arcades on three sides and the calming view of the River Tagus at its southern edge. It was designed as part of the urban redevelopment that followed the disastrous 1755 earthquake under the lead of Marquis de Pombal, a nobleman and reformer, who was trusted by King Joseph and almost ruled Portugal from 1750 to 1777. A statue of the king crushing snakes on his path, created by Machado de Castro in 1775 stands imposingly on the square as a tribute to monarchy. The most impressive structure here is the monumental Arco da Rua Augusta, which was built to commemorate the city’s recovery from the earthquake. Visitors can access the top of the triumphal arch by an elevator and marvel at great city views.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult admission ticket to the Lisbon National Ancient Art Museum
- Instant Confirmation
- App on your smartphone (Android & IPhone)
- Live / Audio Guide
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Opening hours for Lisbon National Ancient Art Museum
Recommended visiting hours
Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 – 18:00
Know before you book
- This is an entry ticket for the Lisbon National Ancient Art Museum
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your ticket. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
Know before you go
- Please note that your (name of marketplace) Voucher is not your entry ticket.
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged
- In order to enjoy your visit to the fullest, you should wear comfortable shoes and have your camera or cell phone fully charged.
- For safety reasons, the use of the cloakroom is obligatory. Please, leave any packages, all backpacks, umbrellas and bags in the cloakroom.
- Handbags are allowed after being checked by MNAA staff.
- For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter the Museum with suitcases, trolleys and camping backpacks or luggage with a size equal to or greater than 30 × 30 × 20 cm.
- For security reasons, the use of the cloakroom is mandatory. All packages, backpacks, umbrellas and bags must be deposited in the cloakroom.
Contributors and Bibliography
Central: © Deensel / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 1: © Eurico Zimbres / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Creative Commons / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Concierge.2C / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Jake Setlak from Chicago / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 5: © Ann Priestley / Flickr
Stop 6: © BK59 / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 7: © Sergey Ashmarin /Commons Wikimedia
Stop 8: © Concierge.2C / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 9: © Roundtheworld / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 10: © Alvesgaspar / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 11: © Scalleja / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 12: © Lijealso / Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!