From $ 27,81 per person
Experience Valencia at your own pace with a combo skip-the-line e-ticket for the top attractions of the Church of Saint Nicholas, the Royal Parish of St. John and Valencia Silk Museum, with a fascinating self-guided walking audio tour on your smartphone..
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of Valencia, the city of Arts and Science.
Put on your headphones and discover the Church of Saint Nicholas, the Royal Parish of St. John and Valencia Silk Museum, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the past. The content of the tours is the result of in-depth research, distilled into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and at any time, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into Valencia’s most iconic landmarks, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
How it started
Little is known of the primitive Romanesque church that existed before its Gothic renovations between 1419 and 1455, which were begun at the initiative of the then rector of the parish, Alfonso de Borja, future bishop of Valencia and future pope Calixtus III. The church has a single nave with six sections, five fairly shallow side chapels between the buttresses, of which there are six on each side, two of them are occupied by the side entrance doors, and a polygonal presbytery facing east, preceded by a straight section. The nave is covered with a simple ribbed vault which was constructed in this period. An interesting fact is that the construction of the church was begun at the west end rather than with the Apse, which is where the construction of churches normally begins. The reason for this is that the original parish cemetery was covered during renovations and had to be cleared before anything could be built on it.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry e-ticket for the Church of Saint Nicholas, the Royal Parish of St. John and the Valencia Silk Museum.
- 3 self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) for the Church of Saint Nicholas, the Royal Parish of St. John and the Valencia Silk Museum
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
The Facade from Plaza de Brujas
Directions to starting point
- The self-guided audio tour for the Royal Parish of St. John is designed to start at The Facade from Plaza de Brujas (Plaça del Mercat, s/n, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Mercat Central bus station (46001 Valencia, Spain).
- The self-guided audio tour for the church of Saint Nicholas is designed to start at The Main Façade (C/ dels Cavallers, 35, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Carda – Moro Zeitl bus station (46001 Valencia, Spain).
- The self-guided audio tour for Valencia Silk Museum is designed to start at the entrance of the Valencia Silk Museum at Carrer de l’Hospital, 7, 46001 València. The easiest way to get there is to ride the Line 2 of the Metrovalencia and disembark at the Àngel Guimerà metro station. You will find Carrer del Hospital at a 3 minute distance on foot.
Opening hours for Church of San Nicolas, Silk Museum & the Church of Santos Juanes
Recommended visiting hours
Royal Parish of St. John
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 10:00 to 18:30
- Closing days: Sunday
Church of Saint Nicholas
- From Tuesday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 06:30 p.m.
*Visiting times are subject to change due to any unplanned religious celebrations and during the Christmas holidays.
The city tour of Valencia is available 24/7. However, we suggest you take it before sunset.
Valencia Silk Museum
- Tuesday to Saturday: from 10:00 a.m. to 19:00 p.m.
- Sunday: from 10 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of three downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone and an entry e-ticket for the Church of Saint Nicholas, the Royal Parish of St. John and the and the Valencia Silk Museum
- No live guide or meeting point provided
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket and audio instructions
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
- Free/reduced admission tickets do not have skip-the-line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site
- Some parts of the tours may not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit — no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket and audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ticket(s) need to be either printed or downloaded on your phone
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones
- Please note that the dress code is strictly enforced at St Nicolas Church and the Royal parish of St, john. Shoulders must be covered and men must wear long trousers while women must not have skirts shorter than knee length
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.