From per person
Experience the Cathedral of Segovia at your own pace with a skip-the-line e-ticket and audio tour, as well as a fascinating self-guided audio tour of the picturesque city of Segovia on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of the Cathedral of Segovia, an imposing gothic masterpiece that looms over the city’s skyline. Do not also miss to discover Segovia and unravel the layers of its captivating history, from ancient civilizations to modern times with a fascinating self guided audio city tour on your phone.
Put on your headphones and discover the Main Chapel, the Paintings Museum and the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception within the Cathedral of Segovia through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. It is also your chance to explore the city of Segovia with a self-guided city walking tour on your phone and immerse yourself in the beauty of its stories. Tours’ content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the Cathedral of Segovia, a resplendent gem that embodies the city’s deep-rooted customs and historical legacy, as well as the enchanting city of Segovia itself, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The Lady of the Cathedrals
This cathedral is considered the last cathedral of the late Gothic style in Spain. Time to go all the way back to the time after the Revolt of the Communities, a civil conflict which lasted from 1520 to 1522. The old Romanesque cathedral, which was in front of the Alcázar, was half-destroyed during the conflict, and King Charles I of Spain and V of Germany ordered the construction of a new one in this location. Designed by Juan Gil de Hontañón and consecrated in 1768, it is devoted to Saint Fructus and the Assumption. Since it took 243 years to complete, the cathedral integrates the four dominant styles that emerged over two and a half centuries. The result? A flamboyant Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, and Neoclassical temple all rolled into one. This clash of styles and history might remind you of the famous Cathedral of the Holy Cross and Saint Eulalia in Barcelona. Unlike other cathedrals that were built from scratch, here several elements were transferred from the previous cathedral to this one: the cloister and the choir to be precise.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Cathedral of Segovia
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point.
- The self-guided audio tour for the Cathedral of Segovia is designed to start at the entrance of the Segovia Cathedral(C. Marqués del Arco, 1, 40001 Segovia, Spain). The easiest way to get there is to stop at the Plaza Mayor bus stop(40001 Segovia, Spain) and take a 2-minute walk down the C. Marqués del Arco. The tour ends at the entrance of the Segovia Cathedral(C. Marqués del Arco, 1, 40001 Segovia, Spain) near the Plaza Mayor bus stop(40001 Segovia, Spain).
- The self-guided audio tour for the city of Segovia begins at Segovia’s Aqueduct (Pl. Azoguejo, 1, 40001 Segovia, Spain) which can be easily accessed from the Acueducto bus stop(40001 Segovia, Spain). The easiest way to get there is to take the bus till the Acueducto bus stop and then walk 1 minute approximately to the Aqueduct. The tour ends at the entrance of the Alcázar de Segovia (Plaza de la Reina Victoria Eugenia, s/n 40003 Segovia) near the Alcázar bus station(40003 Segovia, Spain).
- Cathedral of Segovia: The tour ends at the entrance of the Segovia Cathedral(C. Marqués del Arco, 1, 40001 Segovia, Spain)
- Segovia City Tour: The tour ends at the entrance of the Alcázar de Segovia (Plaza de la Reina Victoria Eugenia, s/n 40003 Segovia)
Chapel of the Descent from the Cross / Paintings Museum / Second floor of the tower
Alcázar / Cathedral / Alhóndiga
Opening hours for Segovia Cathedral
Recommended visiting hours
- Cathedral of Segovia
Monday to Sunday 09:00 – 21:30
- Segovia City Tour
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of 2 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Cathedral of Segovia.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB).
- Free and reduced admission tickets for the Cathedral of Segovia do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- Children younger than 8 years old and people with disability more than 65% are granted free entrance to the Cathedral of Segovia.
- Mass is taking place Monday to Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Sundays and holidays from 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- The Cathedral of Segovia is wheelchair accessible.
- The Segovia City Tour is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible. Please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- The Cathedral of Segovia, is a place of worship, thus you are advised to behave accordingly.
- The Cathedral of Segovia is a Catholic Church, hence you are advised to cover your legs and shoulders and remove your hat upon entering.
- For the Segovia City Tour visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking.
- For the Segovia City Tour visitors are advised to wear a hat and use sunscreen during the hot summer months.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
© Gabriela Garcia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!