From per person
Experience the Berlin Botanical Garden at your own pace with a pre-booked e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone prior to your visit, and let the plants of the Berlin Botanical Garden and their perfumes amaze you.
Put on your headphones and explore the iconic Main Tropical Greenhouse, the Fragrance and Touch House, and the charming Dorothea Pavillion through the power of storytelling. Learn historical information and uncommon stories related to plants and their origins.The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the plant’s history and Berlin’s architecture and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
A History Lesson
The green oasis that you see today has its origins in the kitchen garden of the city’s palace. From this, it evolved into an agricultural garden that then became part of the Friedrich-Wilhelms University. In the years after, the garden was officially known as the Botanical Garden of Berlin. It was redesigned and relocated to its present location, marking one of the largest and richest Botanical Gardens worldwide.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Berlin Botanical Garden
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point.
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Unter den Eichen Entrance of the Berlin Botanical Garden (Königin-Luise-Straße 6-8 14195 Berlin) The easiest way to get there is by bus, the above-ground train (S-Bahn), or the underground (U-Bahn). The main S-Bahn is the S1 and the primary bus line is M48. The tour ends inside the Berlin Botanical Garden, at the Dorothea Pavillion
Recommended visiting hours
- The Botanic Garden is open daily from 9 to 20:00
- Greenhouses are open daily from 9 to 18:30
It is open regularly on all other public holidays.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Berlin Botanical Garden
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The Berlin Botanical Garden is wheelchair accessible.
- It is equipped with wheelchair-accessible lifts and toilets.
- The Fragrance and Touch Garden is specially designed for visually impaired and low-vision visitors
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- If it’s raining, it is recommended to wear appropriate shoes (like walking boots) on those days, however, as the arboretum pathways can get rather muddy.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!