Discover the National Garden through interesting stories about its creator, Queen Amalia, also known as the Queen of the palm trees. Learn about the garden’s antiquities, its unique botanical collection and the garden’s wildlife. A former Royal garden that constitutes the most beautiful source of green in the Athens city center today!
Waltz in the National Garden with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most well-hidden landmarks of Athens. Start your tour from the entrance of the Garden at Vasilissis Amalias Avenue and explore the idyllic corners of this well-hidden secret at the heart of the city. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the National Garden with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
Exit Metro Syntagma Station and move towards the Parliament building. Facing the building head to your right. You will find the Garden’s entrance οn your left hand. Enter and stand in front of the colonnade in order to listen to the first set of stories.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones, comfortable shoes suitable for walking, hat & sunscreen for sunny days.
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the National Garden at 1 Vasilissis Amalias Avenue, Historic Centre, 105 57.
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is to take the subway to Syntagma metro station and cross Vasilissis Amalias Avenue towards the Parliament building.
The National Garden is open from sunrise to sunset(exact times depend on the season).
Everyday 6 AM–7 PM
Recommended visiting hours
In the morning
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Natioanal Garden is not included.
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- The National Garden is suitable for all ages. It is ideal for children 5-15 and the elderly.
- The site is wheelchair accessible: from the entrance at 1 Vasilissis Amalias Avenue. Vasilissis Amalias exit is the only wheelchair accessible exit at Syntagma metro station.
- Please note that at least one point of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
- The National Garden is an outdoor space so make sure that you read the weather forecast.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months.
- Prefer comfortable shoes suitable for walking.
- Make sure that you bring a bottle of water with you.
Contributors and Bibliography
Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!