$ 12,82 per person
The Athenians chose the most beautiful suburb of their city as a cemetery for their glorious dead heroes, their families, and the occasional blood-thirsty tyrant. And because they were Greeks, they made sure to adorn their tombs with exquisite works of art that remain elegant and poignant, capturing our imagination with their timeless beauty.
Waltz in the Kerameikos with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of Athens. Start your tour from the entrance of the archaeological site and a small hill that has a panoramic view of Kerameikos, and then continue to explore the rich history of the site, and the archaeological museum dedicated to the objects and artifacts found here. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the archaeological site of Kerameikos with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
Pass through the entrance and present your ticket. Then, facing the archaeological site, go straight ahead until you reach a small hill that has a panoramic view of the site. Sit under the shadow of the tree and listen to the stories about Kerameikos.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English, German, Italian or Greek on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site of Kerameikos (including Archaeological Museum of Kerameikos)
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the archaeological site of Kerameikos (148 Ermou str, Athens). The easiest way to get there is by train (the green line, Thiseion station), or by metro (blue line, Kerameikos station).
- The Themistoclean wall
- The Z, Y and X buildings
- The Sacred Gate
- The proteichisma
- The Dipylon Gates
- The Pompeion
- The fountain
- Demosion sema
- The Tomb of the Lacedaemonians
- The Tritopatreion
- West tumulus
- The Grave Stele of Dexileos
From April 1st to October 31st
From 08:00 to 18:00
Last admission 17:40
Entrance ticket to Kerameikos.
From April 1st to October 31st: 8€
From November 1st to March 31st: 4€
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the archaeological site of Kerameikos and the archaeological museum of Kerameikos are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- The site is wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signals may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- Large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage might be not allowed in the archaeological site
- Wear sunscreen, a hat, and comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Stop 1: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 2: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 3: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 4: © Nikos Zacharioudakis
Stop 5: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 7: © Clio Muse
Stop 8: © Nikos Zacharioudakis
Stop 9: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 10: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 11: © Nikos Zacharioudakis
Stop 12: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 13: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 17: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 18: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 19: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 21: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 22: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 23: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 24: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 25: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 26: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 27: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 28: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 29: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 30: © Maria Aivalioti
Stop 31: © Maria Aivalioti
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!