$ 12,82 per person
Ancient Athens was known as the School of Greece. Home to acclaimed schools and eminent teachers, the city attracted students from the far corners of the Mediterranean looking for answers to fundamental questions. No philosopher exerted greater influence on western knowledge than Aristotle, and his famous Lyceum was the school where it all began.
Waltz in the Lyceum of Aristotle with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Athens. Start your tour from P. Mela square, Athens, just outside the archaeological site and walk in the footsteps of the great philosopher.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Lyceum of Aristotle with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Lyceum of Aristotle is not included.
The physician’s son
Aristotle was born in 385-84 BCE in the city of Stagira in the peninsula of Halkidiki in northern Greece. His father was wealthy but died when Aristotle was still very young. At the age of seventeen or eighteen, he moved to Athens and joined Plato’s Academy, where he spent the next twenty years. While he was busy with his academic (no pun intended) pursuits, Philip II of Macedon captured Stagira and destroyed the city.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your phone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Lyceum of Aristotle.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Lyceum of Aristotle at P. Mela square Athens.
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Lyceum of Aristotle at P. Mela square Athens.
From the 1st of November –
08:00 – 15:00(Last entrance 14:30)
On the 1st of September 2022 the opening hours apply, due to a gradual reduction in the length of the day, as follows:
1st to 15th September 08:00 – 19:30(Last entrance to the Site at 19:10)
16th to 30th September 08:00 – 19:00(Last entrance to the Site at 18:40)
1st to 15th October 08:00 – 18:30(Last entrance to the Site at 18:10)
16th to 30th October 08:00 – 18:00(Last entrance to the Site at 17:40).
Recommended visiting hours
In the morning
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Lyceum of Aristotle are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Suitable for all ages.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Tactile site plans and brochures in Braille in Greek and English for visually impaired visitors are available at the ticket office.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and that you bring your earphones.
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!