From: 15,99€ per person
Experience De Pijp from the comfort of your home with an engaging self-guided virtual tour, narrated in English, from your PC or smartphone browser. It’s so simple! You will receive an email with the tour link with instructions and, in a couple of minutes, you will travel back in time and enjoy a virtual journey from the comfort of your couch!
Through the power of storytelling combined with street and satellite views, you will learn not only about historical facts but also discover unknown stories and tales of contemporary times that will amaze your family and friends. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief intriguing stories that will make your virtual visit both engaging and informative. The tour is only available online and you can access it repeatedly and anytime.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the rise of the working class in the Netherlands and the nineteenth century society, and immerse yourself in the surroundings/exhibits in an entirely innovative way.
A royal diamond
Few people were ever honored with such a noble task as the one assigned in 1908 to Abraham Asscher. The famous diamond merchant was tasked with the splitting and grinding of the Cullinan Diamond, the largest diamond ever found and the most famous diamond in the world! Abraham Asscher collected it from the Colonial Office in London and transported it in his coat pocket to the Netherlands by train and ferry. Meanwhile, a Royal Navy ship carried an empty box across the North Sea, throwing off potential thieves. Even the captain had no idea that his "precious" cargo was a decoy.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Virtual Self-guided Tour for De Pijp district with satellite & street views
- Audio content with engaging & original stories in English
- Live Guide
- Offline access
- Desktop, laptop or smartphone device
- Internet connection
Sarphatipark: In the middle of De Pijp district, there is a green oasis, the Sarphatipark named after physician, urban planner, and philanthropist Samuel Sarphati. Travel back and learn about a man who devoted his entire life to the task of improving his fellow citizens’ living conditions.
The House with the Gnomes: As the tour continues, you can admire the House with the Gnomes, a 19th century treasure unique in Amsterdam. Come closer in order to observe this true patchwork of architectural styles with renaissance elements and a variety of building materials
Diamond Factory Asscher: The Royal Asscher Diamond Company was founded by the Asscher Family, famous for cutting some of the most legendary diamonds in the world. Listen to the stories and find out which is the largest diamond ever found.
Know before you book
- This is a virtual tour for De Pijp that you can take from the comfort of your home and feel like you were there
- No live guide or meeting point required
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to access your tour via a link. Check your spam folder as well
- No special equipment is needed (i.e. special glasses). However, earphones or headphones are highly recommended to enjoy the experience.
- This product can be accessed from any web browser and requires internet connection. The tour is available only online. The virtual tour doesn’t require a visit to the site.
Cancellation Policy: This product cannot be refunded once activated.