$ 8,55 per person
Experience Amsterdam’s most talked about neighborhood, the Red Light district, and listen to fascinating stories, with an immersive audio tour on your phone.
Your walking tour begins at Dam Square, where you’ll find out how a simple dam on the Amstel River gave the city its name and witnessed the glorious moments of Dutch history. Then, you will continue your stroll to admire the oldest building in Amsterdam, the famed Oude Kerk. Just outside the historic 14th-century church, you’ll discover the small statue of “Belle”. She asks all passersby to “respect sex workers all over the world”. After all, the neighborhood became famous due to its housing of the world’s oldest profession.
Throughout your walk, you will follow in the footsteps of erstwhile sailors, sex workers, merchants & modern curious visitors. You will experience unique attractions, such as the Café In’t Aepjen, the “secret” chapel of Ons’ Lieve Heer op Solder and Bloedstraat. Eventually, you will end your walk at Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam’s busy market square. There, you will experience the Waag building, the city’s most famous guild-house!
* * Tickets/entrance fees to sites and museums are not included.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fees to local sites & museums
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Directions to starting point
Dam Square is a nine-minute walk away from Centraal station. Walk along Stationsplein and then turn left toward Damrak until you reach the square.
Dam Square, Oude Kerk Belle’s Statue, Ons’ Lieve Heer op Solder House Church
Recommended visiting hours
In the morning.
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- Please consider that admission fees for sites and museums are not included.
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant.
- After booking, you will receive an email from the local supplier, Clio Muse Tours, with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- Please make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150MB).
- Kindly note that this is a self-guided audio tour covering a walking route in the streets of Amsterdam’s Red Light District. It does not cover any museums or historical sites.
- Non refundable once activated.
Know before you go
- Check the email that you’ve received from Clio Muse Tours, and follow the instructions in order to access your tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please consider that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in public areas. So kindly, download the tour on your smartphone, prior to your visit, to access them offline and avoid roaming charges
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Prior to your visit, make sure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring on a pair of earphones/headphones
- Please advise the Museum Ons’ Lieve Heer op Solder Museum opening hours if you wish to plan a visit. Open: Monday -Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm & Sunday: 1 pm – 6 pm. Closed: on King’s Day
- Kindly note that the Oude Kerk is open: Monday-Saturday 10:00 – 18:00 & Sunday 13:00 – 17:30. It is closed on December 25th & April 27th
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.