From: 9,99€ per person
Discover Rembrandt’s Amsterdam with a storytelling audio tour on your smartphone!
Set out on a walking tour in the streets and the canals of Amsterdam. Your walking tour begins from Dam square, where you will be introduced to the dynamics that fueled the Dutch Golden Age in the 17th century. You’ll continue your walk toward the famed Red-Light district. There, you’ll marvel at the oldest church of the city, a very significant spot for Rembrandt. As you admire the Waag building, you’ll learn about the background of his celebrated painting The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp. After all, this is an ideal spot to gain some valuable insights regarding the dominant position of guilds in Amsterdam’s economy!
Throughout your tour, you will stumble upon the beautiful canal houses of some of the painter’s most affluent clients. The Trippenhuis, the Star House and Jan Six’s house are all on our way! Follow Rembrandt’s rapid rise to a first-rate master painter and his later financial collapse walking by the places that inspired him. Among other scenic landmarks, you’ll experience the stunning Zuidekerk and the dreamy Blue Bridge. Finally, your tour ends in front of the Rembrandthuis Museum where the Great painter produced some of his masterpieces.
* * Ticket/entrance fee for the sites and museums are not included.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Instructions & secure promo code to access the tour (sent to your email)
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline tour with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
Entrance fees to the sites
App not compatible with Windows phones
Smartphone or headphones
Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Amsterdam centre, De Wallen neighbourhood and Jewish Quarter.
Although not included in this tour, you can pay a visit to the Rembrandt House Museum at the end of it. Museum is open daily from 10 AM to 6 PM.
Recommended visiting hours
Tour is taking place in the city, so you can take it whenever you want.
Tour finishes in front the Rembrandt House Museum in Amsterdam. In case you would like to visit it, the entrance fee is 14 euros for adults and 5 euros for children (5 – 17 years old).
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that this is an audio city tour designed to cover the streets and neighborhoods where Rembrandt lived and worked. It is not a museum tour and it doesn’t include entry fees for the sites
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant
- You’ll receive instructions for your audio tour via email by Clio Muse Tours
- Please note that you must have an Android or iOS phone and make sure you have enough storage space (required size for the app & tour: 100-150 MB)
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Non refundable once activated
Know before you go
- Internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak so please follow the email instructions to access and download your audio tour on your smartphone, prior to your visit. Then, go offline and avoid extra roaming charges
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged prior to your visit
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!