$ 10,69 per person
Waltz in the city of Valletta with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of the capital of Malta and its history. Start your tour from the Triton’s fountain, and then continue to discover the exquisite alleys and monuments of this city along with its history.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace Valletta with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included
Valletta in a nutshell
Valletta is the capital of Malta. The city was founded in the middle of the sixteenth century by the Knights Hospitaller, a medieval Catholic military order. The city is located between two harbours (Marsamxett Harbour on the left and Grand Harbour on the right) and is home to six thousand people. Recognising its historical and cultural significance, UNESCO declared Valletta a World Heritage Site in 1980 (the city boasts more than 300 monuments packed in half a square kilometre / 0.21 sq mi).
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Poem in StoneSaint John’s Co-Cathedral/ Upper Barrakka Gardens/ Grand Master’s Palace
Recommended visiting hours
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for any monuments, museums or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on accessing and downloading your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- During the hot summer months, it is highly recommended to wear a hat and use sunscreen
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
Contributors and Bibliography
Central – © Olga Prystai Wikimedia
1. © Emna Mizouni Wikimedia
2. © Frank Vincentz Wikimedia
3. © Enrique Íñiguez Rodríguez (CC-BY-SA) Wikimedia
4. © Frank Vincentz Wikimedia
5. © Frank Vincentz Wikimedia
6. © Frank Vincentz Wikimedia
7. © Matthew Axiak Wikimedia
8. © Matthew Axiak Wikimedia
9. © No Swan So Fine Wikimedia
10. © Enrique Íñiguez Rodríguez (CC-BY-SA) Wikimedia
11. © R Muscat Wikimedia
12. © Continentaleurope Wikimedia
13. © Karelj Wikimedia
14. © Oren Rozen Wikimedia
15. © continentaleurope Wikimedia
16. © Olga Prystai Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!