Rome City Audio Tour: Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Venezia, the Pantheon & more
Discover the streets and iconic piazzas of Rome with an immersive audio tour, downloadable on your phone.
First, you’ll make a stop at the Altar of the Fatherland to pay your respects to Italy’s unknown soldier and from there you’ll set out on a magical stroll. Surely, there’s no way to leave Rome without a visit to the iconic Fontana di Trevi! This pearl of the Roman Baroque era is full of water and cinematic memories. Simply, toss a coin and immerse yourself in the Italian Dolce Vita!
As you continue your walk, you’ll discover the Pantheon of Rome, a stunning feat of ancient engineering. Here, you’ll follow your audio guide inside the enormous temple to learn about its bizarre legends before you head to the Church of St. Louis. This is where a surprise is waiting for you! Three Caravaggio masterpieces will cast their spell on you if you just drop some change to light them up! Weaving through a charming medley of Baroque art, stunning fountains, gelatos, and bustling city life, your tour, eventually, culminates in Piazza Navona. What’s more to ask for?
* * Please keep in mind that ticket/entrance fee to the sites and attractions are not included.
A journalist for Lonely Planet Travel News, a writer for Bossy Italy with an overflowing love for art, travelling and Korean pop music.
Contributors and Bibliography
- Instructions and secure promo code to access the tour (sent to your email)
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline tour with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
Entrance fees to the sites
Smartphone or headphones
App not compatible with Windows phones
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Food and drinks
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that this is an audio city tour designed to cover the streets and piazzas of Rome. It doesn’t cover any sites or museums and admission fees are not included
- One week prior to your selected visit date, you will receive an email from Clio Muse Tours with instructions for the audio tour
- Please note that you must have an Android or iOS phone and make sure you have enough storage space (required size for the app & tour: 100-150 MB)
- Kindly note that Windows phones are not compatible with the app
Know before you go
Best time to take this tour: In the morning, noon, early evening.
Directions to Starting Point
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.