The Roman Forum: The Beating Heart Of The Empire
Explore the valley of the Roman Forum and feel the power of Ancient Rome coming alive around you with an engaging audio tour on your smartphone!
From the ruins of the Basilica Aemilia to the Temple of Vesta, the site is full of memories from the Eternal City’s past, such as the heart-rending story of the “the princes of youth”. Of course, you will also discover the joyous lifestyle of the early Romans. You’ll find out that, just like contemporary Italians, they simply loved dining al fresco! Later, walking along Via Sacra, the spine of the ancient city, you’ll follow in the steps of celebrated Roman warriors. Picture them in full armor, as they returned victorious from their battles and conquests to march the route of the Roman Triumph! Among many other fascinating attractions, you’ll also encounter the famed Temple of Caesar. Leave a flower on the grave of the glorious general and learn about the games of power and control in the Roman political life.
Through a compelling collection of stories, created by an accredited guide, you’ll get straight into the heart of Ancient Rome.
*Please note that the ticket to the archaeological site is not included.
A journalist for Lonely Planet Travel News, a writer for Bossy Italy with an overflowing love for art, travelling and Korean pop music.
Contributors and Bibliography
- Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee/ ticket to the Roman Forum
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in public areas
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that admission fee to the Roman Forum is not included
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email from Clio Muse Tours, with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please note that for the audio tour you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
Know before you go
Directions to Starting Point
Why take a self-guided tour?
This is a self-guided tour based on the award-winning storytelling concept developed by Clio Muse and the fascinating narratives prepared by our handpicked destination experts.
You can enjoy each multilingual tour by using your smartphone or tablet at your own pace even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step-by-step as you explore all points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of our signature stories allowing you to tailor the tour experience to your personal interests and schedule.
After downloading Clio Muse app, you can access this tour and activate it any moment you wish and also repeat it any time. To best enjoy our multimedia self-guided tour (comprising maps, video, audio and text) we recommend the use of headphones.