$ 12,82 per person
Waltz inThe National Palace and Gardens of Queluz with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Queluz. Start your tour from the Throne Room and continue on to explore the palace’s opulent rooms and lush gardens, once the leisure point of the Portuguese monarchy.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz is not included.
This portrait of Queen Maria I was painted by the royal painter of the time (from 1785 to 1810), Giuseppe Troni. Troni studied in Rome and later produced paintings for the Naples court, before he came to Lisbon to work for the royal family and nobility. The painting portrays Maria dressed in the fashionable attire of her era. She’s probably around 42 years old, which was roughly when she ascended to the throne after her father's death – becoming the unchallenged queen of Portugal. During this time, the Portuguese people affectionately refer to her as "Pia" because of her deep devotion to piety and religion.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz (Largo Palácio de Queluz, 2745-191 Queluz, Portugal). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Sintra train station (2710-590 Sintra, Portugal), getting off at the Queluz-Belas train station (2745-173 Queluz, Portugal) and then walking around 13 minutes towards the palace. Alternatively, you can take the 1717 bus operated by Carris Metropolitana from Lisbon, which stops at the Queluz (4 caminhos) bus stop, and then walk for about 11 minutes along Av. da República, until you reach the palace entrance.
The Throne Room| Tiled Canal| Neptune’s Lake
Opening hours for The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz
Recommended visiting hours
09:00 – 18:00
LAST TICKET AND LAST ADMISSION 17:30
09:00 – 18:30
LAST TICKET AND LAST ADMISSION 17:30
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The interior of the Palace is fully wheelchair accessible. Access to the upper gardens (Hanging Garden and Malta Garden) is also possible via a ramp.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Food products and smoking are not permitted inside the palace.
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes.
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!