$ 35.29 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 24,60 per person
Audio ToursFrom $ 10,69
Quinta da Regaleira is a UNESCO world heritage site (since 1995) nestled in Serra de Sintra – one of Portugal’s most intriguing and well-preserved areas. A unique location, it brings together different styles, holds stories about secret religious orders, and is filled with underground mazes. Take a look and discover this treasure!
Experience the most iconic landmark of Sintra at your own pace with a ticket for the Quinta da Regaleira and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your e-tickets by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of the romantic era. Do not miss to discover the charming city of Sintra with a self guided city audio tour.
Put on your headphones and discover the top attraction of Sintra through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the Quinta da Regaleira’s construction and history. This is your chance to explore Sintra with a self-guided audio city tour on your phone and lose yourself in the beauty of their stories. Tours’ content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into Sintra, one of the most picturesque cities of Portugal, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Once inside, purchase your ticket at the building on your right. If you already have a digital one, keep straight until you find the entrance to the old stables. Once you're in, head right where staff members will validate your ticket (enter through one of the accesses and exit through the other).
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to the Quinta da Regaleira
- Self-guided audio tour for the Quinta da Regaleira on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- Self-guided audio tour for the city of Sintra
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance tickets for any other monuments
- Charged smartphone
The self-guided audio tour for Quinta da Regaleira is designed to start at the entrance of the Quinta da Regaleira (R. Barbosa du Bocage 5, 2710-567 Sintra).
The self-guided audio tour for the city of Sintra is designed to start at the Volta do Duche.
Directions to starting point
The best way to visit the Quinta da Regaleira is through reaching the Hotel Lawrences bus stop (2710-550 Sintra, Portugal). The Castle is a 5 min walk (400 meters) towards the Castle.
The easiest way to get at Sintra City is by reaching the Largo C.M.Sintra bus stop (2710-631 Sintra, Portugal) and you’ll be at the right place to start the tour.
Tour: Quinta da Regaleira
Virgin’s Grotto | Unfinished Well | Orient’s Grotto
Tour: Sintra city tour
National Palace of Sintra | Clock Towe and Old Jail | Church of São Martinho
Opening hours for Quinta de Regaleira
Recommended visiting hours
Quinta da Regaleira
January–March: 10:00am–6:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
April–September: 10:00am–7:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
Sintra City Tour
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for the Quinta da Regaleira
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The Quinta da Regaleira is partly wheelchair accessible
- The city of Sintra is wheelchair accessible
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure that you have your identity or your passport
- Due to high temperatures, bring with you sun protection
- The ideal time to visit the castle is early morning or early evening
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!