$ 54.54 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 24,60 per person
Skip the Line ToursFrom $ 19,25 per person
Audio ToursFrom $ 10,69
Experience the Moorish Castle and the Quinta da Regaleira, at your own pace with two skip-the-line e-tickets and two audio tours, and a fascinating self-guided walking audio tour of the city of Sintra on your smartphone. Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to to experience the grandeur of Sintra, from the city’s unique mysteries and stories to its dazzling Castle and Palaces.
Put on your headphones and discover the Castle Keep, the Royal Tower and the Aquarium through the power of storytelling and historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the past. It is also your chance to explore Sintra with a self-guided city walking tour on your phone and immerse yourself in the beauty of its stories. The content of the tours is the result of in-depth research, distilled into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and at any time, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the enchanting scenery and cultural richness of Sintra, and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
The second circle of walls can be found near the primary entrance of the castle. Instead of going straight to the ticket machines, you can access the gardens and the adjacent areas for free. You only have to show your ticket once you enter the actual castle. To find these walls, follow the marked trail to Casa da Guarda, which is indicated multiple times with wooden signs. Once you get there, with the Casa da Guarda on your left, you can see the extensive circle of walls.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry e-ticket for the Moorish Castle and the Quinta da Regaleira
- Skip-the-line service
- 3 Self-guided audio tours on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point.
Moorish Castle: The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Second Circle of Walls of Moorish Castle (2710-405 Sintra, Portugal).
Quinta da Regaleira: The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Quinta da Regaleira (R. Barbosa du Bocage 5, 2710-567 Sintra).
Sintra City Tour: The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Volta do Duche.
Directions to starting point
Moorish Castle: The best way to visit the Moorish Castle is through public transportation. Catch the line of the Sintra train (stops include Oriente, Entrecampos, Sete Rios, Rossio in Lisbon). Once you get to the Sintra train station there are many bus stops near it. The bus that takes you to the Moorish Castle is the 434. You can pay for the single ticket (3,95€) or buy the 24hour ticket which allows you to ride on all the buses for the day (11 €), whenever you like.
Quinta da Regaleira: The best way to visit the Quinta da Regaleira is through reaching the Hotel Lawrences bus stop (2710-550 Sintra, Portugal). The Castle is a 5 min walk (400 meters) towards the Castle.
Sintra City Tour: The easiest way to get there is by reaching the Largo C.M.Sintra bus stop (2710-631 Sintra, Portugal) and you’ll be at the right place to start the tour.
Tour: The Moorish Castle: gazing upon Sintra
Medieval Christian Necropolis
Tour: Quinta da Regaleira: Masonry, Mythology & Secret Passages
Tour: Sintra city tour: a Romantic’s dream
National Palace of Sintra
Clock Tower and Old Jail
Church of São Martinho
Opening hours for Moorish Castle
Opening hours for Quinta de Regaleira
Recommended visiting hours
Open from 09:00 to 18:30. Last entry at 18:00
Quinta da Regaleira:
January–March: 10:00am–6:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
April–September: 10:00am–7:30pm (last entry at 5:30pm)
Oct-Dec: 10:am – 6:30 pm ( last entry at 5:30)
Sintra city tour:
This is a city tour, therefore, it is always available. It is recommended to take the tour before sunset.
Know before you book
- This is a combination of three downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and two entry tickets for the Moorish Castle and the Quinta da Regaleira
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The Quinta da Regaleira and the Moorish Castle are partly wheelchair accessible
- Sintra’s city tour is wheelchair accessible, but please note that some points of interest might not be easily reachable for people with mobility issues.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- During the hot summer months, it is highly recommended to wear a hut and use sunscreen
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- The ideal time to visit the castles is early morning or early evening
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!