$ 16,03 per person
Waltz in the St. Peter’s Basilica and the city of Rome with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Rome. Start your tour from the Dome of Domes, St. Peter’s Basilica and continue to explore the “Eternal City”, the city of Rome and its famous surroundings. This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace St. Peter’s Basilica and the city of Rome with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
The Rock of Christianity
St Peter was a Jewish fisherman originally named Simon, according to the New Testament. He was called by Christ to become one of the 12 apostles. His name comes from the Greek Pètras, meaning stone. According to the Gospel of St Matthew, Jesus said to him, ‘…you are Peter, and upon this rock, I will build my church’. At this moment, Christ commissions Peter to be the first Pope, presiding over the early Christian church after the Resurrection. Christ’s prophecy became a reality as the Basilica of St. Peter was built directly over the tomb of Peter, the Prince of the Apostles.”
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point.
- The self-guided audio tour for the St. Peter’s Basilica is designed to start at St. Peter’s Square (Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City). People with disabilities enter from the right (north) side of the colonnade, where there are ramps to allow wheelchair access. The easiest way to get there is by Metro. Take Linea A (red line) toward Battistini and exit at Ottaviano-S. Pietro. Walk south on Via Ottaviano toward St. Peter’s Square. If you choose to go on foot from the city center, the most direct route is to cross the Tiber and walk straight up Via Conciliazione.
- The Rome City Tour is designed to start at the Altar of the Fatherland(Piazza Venezia, 00186 Roma RM, Italy). The easiest way to get there is to stop at the Venezia B1, Bus station(30135 Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy) and walk for 1 minute or ride the line A metro till the Spagna metro station and take one of the buses going to the Tritone/Fontana Trevi bus stop.
The Pope’s Secret Escape Route Ι The Cathedral of Saint Peter Ι The Pieta, by Michelangelo | Fountain of Trevi Ι The Pantheon Ι Piazza Navona
Recommended visiting hours
St. Peter’s Basilica
1 October – 31 March: 7 AM to 6:30 PM
1 April – 30 September: 7 am to 7 PM
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (200-300MB)
- St Peter’s Basilica is wheelchair accessible.
- Kindly note that the St. Peter’s Basilica might close unexpectedly when Heads of State visit & on other exceptional occasions(like Papal Celebrations or other events)
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please consider that large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage are not allowed in St. Peter’s Basilica
- St. Peter’s Basilica is accessible to people with disabilities from the right (north) side of the colonnade, where there are ramps to allow wheelchair access
- Masses take place at St. Peter’s Basilica according to schedule, so visitors are suggested to behave accordingly.
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking
- For the Rome City Tour make sure you wear sunscreen and a hat during hot summer months.
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!