$ 12,82 per person
Rarely has the theft of a person’s body produced such magnificent results. An imaginative collaboration between Byzantine artistic excellence and Venetian piety and ambition, the basilica of Saint Mark in Venice is a monument of breathtaking splendour and a golden abode for doges, emperors, saints, and angels.
Waltz in the Saint Mark’s Basilica with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Venice. Start your tour from the southern facade and continue on to discover the Central Portal before going in to get fascinated by its amazing treasures.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Basilica di san Marco with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * The Basilica of St. Mark has no entrance fee. However some parts inside the Basilica might have an admission fee. The entrance tickets are not included.
A man of service
Mark was born in the decades after Jesus. He belonged to a prosperous family, but his father died when he was relatively young leaving Mark alone with his mother. When Roman soldiers arrested Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane in Jerusalem, Mark tried to follow him but was forced to flee the scene after soldiers attempted to seize him as well. In the year 46, he joined his uncle Barnabas as secretary and assistant on an apostolic journey to Cyprus. Later on, he became assistant to Peter in Rome, and transcribed his sermons, thus forming the second of the four canonical Gospels (written before 70 CE). It is the shortest Gospel and distinctly focuses on narrating the life of Jesus and its effects on the people.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charge
- Entrance ticket to the Basilica of St. Mark
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
- Charged smartphone, headphones
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Basilica di San Marco (P.za San Marco, 328, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy). The easiest way to get there is by the train station Santa Lucia, by taking the water-bus ride 51 direct line.
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get to the Basilica di San Marco is by the train station Santa Lucia, by taking the water-bus ride 51 direct line.
Saint Mark’s Basilica
Opening hours for Saint Mark's Basilica
- Monday - Sunday: - (last admission: )
- Please consider that admission fees for the Basilica di San Marco are not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for some parts of the Basilica di San Marco are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
- The Basilica is wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please note that the dress code is strictly enforced at St Mark’s Basilica. Shoulders must be covered and men must wear long trousers while women must not have skirts shorter than knee length
- You cannot enter the Basilica with luggages.
- You should always use your earphones since loud explanations are forbidden
- Professional and non-private use photographing and filming is forbidden
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!