$ 12,82 per person
Waltz in the Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Évora. Start your tour from the Roman times and the goddess Ceres statue. Continue with the arrows from the lithic age and finally delve into the majesty of the Portuguese art paintings.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to the Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo is not included.
This statue, dated to the 1st century BC, and found near Beja, was discovered without a torso, head or arms. Despite its missing pieces, experts identified the sculpture as the Roman deity Ceres due to its resemblance to a sculpture in Mérida (Spain), the capital of Roman Lusitania. Did you know cereal is named after the same Goddess? Ceres was the Roman goddess of agriculture, harvest, and fertility. No wonder she was the protector of peasants and farmers. Usually depicted as a young woman, Ceres is commonly portrayed as holding a basket of fruits and flowers, a farming tool or grain, crowned with a garland of ears of corn. Ceres was such an important deity for the Romans that the Ephesians featured her in coins, alluding to the area’s prosperity and abundance.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo is not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo (Largo do Conde de Vila Flor, 7000-804 Évora, Portugal). The easiest way to get there is to take the Linha Azul Norte bus line till the Rua Menino Jesus bus stop and walk 3 minutes down the R. Francisco Soares Lusitano.
Opening hours for Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo
Recommended visiting hours
From Tuesday to Sunday from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- The tour is suitable for all ages.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!