From per person
Experience the Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo at your own pace (or enjoy a hassle-free visit to) with a pre-booked e-ticket and a captivating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
Receive your ticket by email, download the app and the audio tour on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the glory of Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo, the most visited museum of Évora.
Put on your headphones and discover the Coat of arms of the city of Évora, Agnus Dei and Álvaro Pires’ Virgin and Child between Saint Bartholomew and Saint Anthony through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the ancient times. Tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tour can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo, narrating the story of Évora from the megalithic till the fascinating 19th century and relate to the exhibits in an entirely original way.
This statue, dated to the 1st century BC, and found near Beja, was discovered without a torso, head or arms. Despite its missing pieces, experts identified the sculpture as the Roman deity Ceres due to its resemblance to a sculpture in Mérida (Spain), the capital of Roman Lusitania. Did you know cereal is named after the same Goddess? Ceres was the Roman goddess of agriculture, harvest, and fertility. No wonder she was the protector of peasants and farmers. Usually depicted as a young woman, Ceres is commonly portrayed as holding a basket of fruits and flowers, a farming tool or grain, crowned with a garland of ears of corn. Ceres was such an important deity for the Romans that the Ephesians featured her in coins, alluding to the area’s prosperity and abundance.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Adult entry ticket to Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo
- Self-guided audio tour on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Opening hours for Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo
Recommended visiting hours
Tuesday to Sunday: 9:30 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Know before you book
- This is a combination of a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app) and an entry ticket for Museu Nacional Frei Manuel do Cenáculo.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- The course of the visit may be modified and special restrictions may be imposed. The visitors must always adhere to the guidelines of the site.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Free and reduced admission tickets do not have to skip the line privileges and can only be acquired at the ticket booth on-site.
- The tour is suitable for all ages.
Know before you go
- Download the ticket(s) & audio tour while on WiFi prior to your visit. Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s).
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
Contributors and Bibliography
© Clio Muse Tours
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!