The people, the place, the architecture -Florence, the city that kickstarted the Renaissance. Ready to gaze at the most spectacular renaissance masterpieces? From Michelangelo’s David to the wonder of Brunelleschi’s Dome – an unforgettable and magical experience is waiting for you. For once more, let Clio Muse Audio Tours be your trusty guide.
Waltz in Florence with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of the city of lillies. Start your tour from Galleria dell’ Academia, Florence’s “art treasury”, home to Michelangello’s David and then continue to explore the best city’s points feeling as a local.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace Florence with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * Ticket/entrance fee to any museum, archaeological site, or church is not included.
From art school to museum
“Accademia”, the building next to the Museum, used to be Florence’s School of Art. Interestingly, the first Academy of Art was actually founded by Vasari and Cosimo I de Medici back in 1563. This one is the result of a later reform, requested by Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo of Lorena (the family that succeeded the Medici) in 1784. The gallery contains a spectacular collection of masterpieces(and yes, Michelangelo’s David is amongst them!), once used by art students in order to learn by… just copying them.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Galleria dell’Academia at Via Ricasoli 58/60 50129 Firenze, Italy.
Directions to starting point
There is no meeting point. The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Galleria dell’Academia at Via Ricasoli 58/60 50129 Firenze, Italy. The easiest way to get there is to ride the 23A(to Sogdane) or the 14A(to Il Girone) bus line to Santissima Annunziata bus station and, then, walk for about 2 mins to reach your destination.
- Santa Maria del Fiore
- Piazza della Signoria
- Galleria degli Uffizi
Recommended visiting hours
It is recommended to have the tour before sunset
The entrance ticket for museums and archaeological sites is not included
Know before you book
- Please consider that entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- This is a city tour therefore it is wheelchair accessible, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
- The tour is suitable for all ages.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones.
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking.
- Please wear sunscreen and a hat during the hot summer months.
Contributors and Bibliography
Martina Thea Pomini
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!