From per person
In the beginnings of Christianity, baptisteries fulfilled the function of administering the sacrament by which a person was admitted into the Christian faith. At those times people from all ages were admitted to the religion in great celebrations that made the baptistery the most important building in the city. Throughout this tour we will discover the fascinating history of one of the oldest and luxurious buildings in the city of Florence.
Waltz in the Baptistery with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of Florence. Start your tour from Piazza di san Giovanni and continue on to discover the Baptistery Building before going in to get fascinated by its amazing treasures.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Baptistery with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * The entrance ticket to Baptistery is not included.
In order to start this guided tour in the Piazza di San Giovanni, we should stand at the corner of Via Roma & Via Dei Pecori. From here we can take an overview of the Florence Cathedral Complex.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Baptistery
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones, (comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen)
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Piazza di San Giovanni (Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy). The easiest way to get there is by the Roma Duomo bus stop (50122 Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy)
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Piazza di San Giovanni (Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy). The easiest way to get there is by the Roma Duomo bus stop
PIAZZA DI SAN GIOVANNI, BAPTISTERY BUILDING, SOUTH DOORS, GATES OF PARADISE, NORTH DOORS , THE INTERIOR, GATES OF PARADISE (INSIDE), ALTAR, CEILING, FINAL JUDGMENT, OLD TESTAMENT, NEW TESTAMENT
Daily 8:15–10:15AM, 11:15AM–6:30PM
The entrance ticket to Baptistery is not included
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Baptistery are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please note that dress code is strictly enforced at Baptistery. Shoulders must be covered and men must wear long trousers while women must not have skirts shorter than knee length
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!