Santa Croce is one of the most eminent Italian churches, a marvelous gothic Basilica with important cycles of frescoes and the shrine of Italiae Gloriae (glories of Italy), which houses the tombs of illustrious Italians. A fundamental place to visit, where Italian history comes back to life!
Waltz in Santa Croce with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into one of the most iconic landmarks of Florence. Start your tour from The Basilica’s square and continue on to discover the Dell’antella Palace and the Basilica’s Facade before going in to get fascinated by its amazing treasures.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Basilica of Santa Croce with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * The entrance ticket to Santa Croce is not included.
Place yourself in the middle of the square to have a 360° view, and enjoy the stories about this place.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to Santa Croce
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Directions to starting point
The easiest way to get there is by the Verdi bus stop (50122 Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy) and walking 170 meters towards the square.
From Monday to Saturday 9.30 am – 5.30 pm No further admission after 5.00 pm
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for the Santa Croce are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please note that dress code is strictly enforced at Santa Croce. Shoulders must be covered and men must wear long trousers while women must not have skirts shorter than knee length
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!