$ 12,82 per person
‘Santa Marìa’ means ‘St Mary’, whereas ‘Novèlla’ means ‘new’ in old Italian, and the name likely refers to the fields and vineyards which were recreated, after a long period of neglect. Discover the fascinating history of Santa Maria Novella and explore its breathtaking decoration.
Waltz in the Santa Maria Novella Basilica with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmark of Florence. Start your tour from the Piazza in front of the Basilica and continue on to discover the Basilica’s Facade before entering the basilica to get fascinated by its amazing treasures.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience at your own pace the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
* * The entrance ticket for Basilica of Santa Maria Novella is not included.
Once at Piazza Santa Maria Novella in Florence, please stand in the middle of the square.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance ticket to the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones, (comfortable shoes, hat & sunscreen)
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the Piazza in front of the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella (P.za di Santa Maria Novella, 18, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy). The easiest way to get there is by reaching the trm station Unita (Piazza dell’Unità Italiana, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy) or by reaching the bus station Stazione Santa Caterina (50123 Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy), both are in front of the Santa Maria Novella Basilica.
The Piazza, The Façade, Entrance to the Church, The Holy Trinity by Masaccio, The Crucifix by Giotto, Bardi Chapel, Strozzi Chapel, Tornabuoni Chapel (or the Main Chapel), Gondi Chapel, The Sacristy, The Cloister of the Dead, The Green Cloister
daily 9:30am – 5pm
Recommended visiting hours
daily 11am – 5pm
Please consider that admission fees for some parts of the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella are not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for some parts of the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB).
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Please note that dress code is strictly enforced at Santa Maria Novella Basilica. Shoulders must be covered and men must wear long trousers while women must not have skirts shorter than knee length
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.