Athens city tour, Mykonos city tour and Mykonos: find your queer god combo audio tour
Self-guided audio tourFollow the story at your own pace
EnglishFor both audio and stories included
Audio ToursFrom 9,99€
Audio ToursFrom 9,99€
Audio ToursFrom 7,99€
Experience Athens and Mykonos at your own pace with a combo audio tour for the two cities’ walking tour as well as a special tour for the 5 most popular queer beaches of Mykonos, with three captivating self-guided audio tours on your smartphone.
Receive the details by email, download the app and the audio tours on your phone, prior to your visit, and travel back in time to experience the grandeur of Athens from the city’s unique mysteries and stories to Mykonos dazzling queer beaches and their mythological backgrounds.
Put on your headphones and discover the city of Athens and Mykonos and the exquisite uniqueness of 5 of Mykonos best queer beaches, through the power of storytelling and learn historical information and uncommon stories and anecdotes from the city’s unique past. The content of the tours is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief original stories that will make your visit both engaging and informative. The audio tours can be used repeatedly and anytime, before or after your visit.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into Athens and Mykonos and relate to your surroundings in an entirely original way.
Love’s Labour’s Lost
Dionysus was a young god when he met Ampelos, a boy with long hair that fell on his neck and a body that gleamed in the sun as he climbed out of the water. Dionysus was afraid that Zeus, his father, would want Ampelos for himself, and asked him to leave this boy, who outshone even beautiful Ganymede, to him. Zeus agreed and the two lovers spent their time swimming in forest ponds, hunting, throwing the thyrsus, walking, and wrestling. Unfortunately, Ampelos was killed by a bull or fell to his death from an elm tree while attempting to pick grapes. Dionysus rushed to his side and held him in his arms as he died. The immortals took pity on the stricken god and transformed Ampelos into a vine.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Three self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Charged smartphone
Recommended visiting hours
The tours can be taken whenever during the day. It is advisable to take the tour before sunset
Know before you book
- This is a combination of 3 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (accessible through our app)
- The 3 audio tours cover the city tour of Athens, Mykonos and the audio tour of Find your (queer) god in Mykonos
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (350 MB)
Know before you go
- Download audio tours while on WiFi prior to your visit – no wifi/4G on-site
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important ticket & audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen during the hot summer months
Contributors and Bibliography
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!
- Duration: 1h 10min
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Audio available in 1 language