Join us in celebrating the secret life of an island that is famous the world over for its celebrity visitors, non-stop partying, fabulous beaches and queer culture.
Leisurely stroll through the town of Mykonos with a self-guided audio tour on your phone designed by an accredited expert. Listen to fascinating stories, based on an award-winning storytelling concept, and gain great insights into the most iconic landmarks of Mykonos. Start your tour from the old port of the town of Mykonos and learn about the captivating history of the nearby UNESCO World Heritage site of the sacred island of Delos. Then, step inside the labyrinthine streets of the town and explore its turbulent history, quirky folklore tales and aspects of its modern everyday life.
This is an unmissable opportunity to experience the town of Mykonos at your own pace with a captivating audio tour on your phone.
*** Tickets / entrance fees to any museums, archaeological sites or churches are not included.
The not-so-old port of Mykonos
Welcome! You are now standing at the beginning of your ramble through the Chora of Mykonos. Before you is the old port. It is only called so because at the turn of the century it was decided that it could no longer accommodate the sharply increasing traffic and larger hulls of cruise ships of the last five decades or so. This is what the new port at Tourlos Bay is for. The old harbour, first constructed at the end of the seventeenth century, has the typical charm of a Cycladic fishing haven; yet, it is also a hub, as it forms the gateway into Chora. A bus stop and a taxi rank provide the means to venture ever further inland. It also remains the departure point to Mykonos' quintessential raison d'être, Delos, which is just across.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Self-guided audio tour in English on your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- An activation link to access your audio tour
- Offline content (text, audio narration and maps) to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites or churches are not included.
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Charged smartphone
Charged smartphone, headphones (comfortable shoes, hat and sunscreen)
Old port of Mykonos
Directions to starting point
The self-guided audio tour is designed to start at the northern edge of the old port of Mykonos, where the bus station is (KTEL Bus stop: OTE). The easiest way to get there is by bus from the new port of Tourlos or if you are already staying close to the town of Mykonos, it will only be a brief stroll from wherever you are.
Old port of Mykonos, Archaeological Museum of Mykonos, Mando Mavrogenous Statue, Mykonos Folklore Museum, Panaghia Paraportiani, Matoyianni, Lena’s House, Little Venice, The Windmills of Mykonos
Recommended visiting hours
24/7 (it is recommended to have the tour before sunset)
Entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites or churches are not included.
Know before you book
- Please consider that admission fees for any museums, archaeological sites, or churches are not included.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone, accessible through our app. No live guide will accompany you. No VR/AR is included.
- No live guide or meeting point are provided.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Check your spam folder as well.
- Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS (version 15.0 and later) smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 6/6 Plus or older, iPod Touch 6th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Air 1st generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation or older.
- You will need storage space on your phone (100—150 MB).
- This is a city tour and is mostly wheelchair accessible; however, please note that some points of interest might not be wheelchair accessible.
Know before you go
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear sunscreen, a hat, and comfortable shoes, especially in the summer months
Contributors and Bibliography
Central:©dronepicr/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 1: © Bernard Gagnon/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 1.1: © Eric Gaba/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 1.2: © Tatsis Geo/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2: © Zdeněk Kratochvíl/ Commons Wikimedia
Stop 2.1: © KATYFOUSKI / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 3: © Zdeněk Kratochvíl / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 4: © Γιώργος Πρίντεζης/ Mykonos Folklore Museum
Stop 5: © Heiko Gorski / Commons Wikimedia
Stop 6: © Γιώργος Πρίντεζης / Ματογιάννια
Stop 7: © Γιώργος Πρίντεζης / Lena’s House
Stop 9.1: © Heiko Gorski/ Commons Wikimedia
Download the app
To take this self-guided tour, you will need to download the Clio Muse Tours app on your iOS or Android device. Enjoy your tour!